Unlike olden days parents being taken care of by their children are slowly disappearing and the key factor being today’s hectic schedules and both husband and wife working. USA is witnessing an increasing senior population owing to which people are opting for home caregivers to take proper care of their beloved. Home care in USA in current times has become a trend especially because these are cost effective and offer a variety of advantages both for the recipient as well as the family. Although allowing the elderly to stay at home may be a minor decision yet this can mean a lot. The services offered by these caregivers embrace therapy, aiding timely medication, psychological and mental assessment of the elderly patient, taking care of post-operative cases, dressing the wound, wound management, pain management and so on. They offer proper attention to old parents, senior citizens and elder members.
Why choosing such services makes sense?
Choosing home care services is a wise decision due to the following reasons,
- Promotes recovery- Regardless of the duration, staying in the hospital can be traumatizing. In fact the sheer experience when it comes to the rapid-fire medical techniques is likely to leave an elderly in a compromised situation. Thus it is best in availing the benefits of home healthcare providers as being in familiar and known environment will allow them to receive the finest support to recover and heal their mind and body.
- Honours the independence and dignity of senior citizens- The aged elderly fear to shift to a hospital and in the process lose their independence. In fact over 80-90% seniors desire to age-in-place. Thus it comes as no surprise that home caregivers are so much in demand as it enables older adults’ utmost control and freedom as they grow old. The home environment is indeed the least restrictive thereby allowing older adults in remaining engaged with all their typical day to day activities as well as stay in the community. This helps in epitomizing the shift towards an effective patient-centred care and offers the elderly more options and opportunities in becoming active applicants in their personal lives. Most importantly they possess the freedom to select home health aide, nurse and a doctor that works best
- Safety guaranteed- Although nursing homes are usually considered as safe-havens but most of the people hospitalized suffer from infections. On the contrary when an elderly is taken care at home, the chances of such infection nears zero. In fact the individual and personal attention of home health care indicates that one’s dear ones will receive immediate, swift care, no forms, no red tape and no bureaucracy. Skilled home caregivers can make the surroundings of the home safer, offering easy fixes including anti-slip rugs and grab bars.
- Improves and extends quality of life- In-home care is known to postpone institutionalization thereby preventing pre-mature decline. Via encouraging self-directed care and independence, these caregivers helps in keeping aging people to have control of their own lives as long as it is possible. It has been proved that compared to other types of healthcare, elderly people heal much quicker at home which helps to improve and extend their quality of life
- Offer customized packages catering to patients’ needs- Home caregivers offer customized packages that are specifically designed considering the target audience along with the physician’s instructions. As these patients mostly include adults and aged people, special packages are planned considering their needs. It is difficult for such patients to travel to a nursing home for regular health checkups or post-surgery care. For easing the situation along with making the recovery process a safe and simple process, home healthcare undoubtedly is considered the most effective option today.
No matter whether the client requires these services for themselves or their family, they are sure that they are on safe hands when they work with professional caregivers in USA. Hiring the services of these qualified and trained personnel at home is the right decision as they encompass the processes and protocol of a hospital. They make life easy both for the client or the one who requires healing soon.
Article by Scott Fagan