There is no accessory more important than a smile. A happy grin expresses joy, interest, warmth, and understanding, and is often the first step to strong personal and professional relationships. Still, so many people are unhappy with their smile. If you’ve been hiding your pearly whites from the world, cosmetic dentistry could be the key to newfound mental and physical health.
Some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services include whitening, orthodontics, veneers, implants, and crowns. These procedures provide a diverse array of aesthetic solutions, improving the color, shape, size, alignment, and overall appearance of your smile. Here are 6 reasons to consider investing in cosmetic dentistry.
- More confidence. Are you hiding your smile in photos or social situations? A lack of confidence in your teeth can be detrimental to your self-esteem, causing unnecessary stress. Improving your smile through cosmetic dentistry can lead to a much-needed confidence boost, freeing up energy spent worrying about your appearance.
- Healthier habits. If you’ve been slacking on flossing, investing in an improved smile can motivate you to take better care of your teeth and even make them easier to clean. Having a healthy daily dental hygiene routine now means more money saved on other dental procedures in the future.
- Better oral health. The term “cosmetic” may lead you to believe that crooked or cracked teeth are only superficial worries, but some imperfections can actually lead to serious oral health problems. Issues like periodontal disease, jaw pain, and headaches can be avoided with many cosmetic dental services.
- Stronger appetite. Just like chewing with a cavity, eating with misaligned, cracked, or missing teeth can be terribly uncomfortable, leading to a decreased appetite. Cosmetic dentistry can improve your appetite with solutions that make eating pleasurable again.
- Headache relief. A misaligned bite can lead to severe headaches. A cosmetic dental procedure like orthodontics can correct a bite and relieve much of the pain associated with abnormal alignment.
- Quick and long-lasting results. While many types of cosmetic procedures require long recovery periods and frequent maintenance, cosmetic dentistry can improve your appearance relatively quickly and painlessly, with effects lasting a decade or more.
A smile is one of the most meaningful aspects of your appearance. No matter your reason for looking into cosmetic dentistry, it’s important to do your homework to find a dentist that fully understands your concerns. Luckily, there are many talented and tech-savvy dentists that will inspire confidence in your treatment.
Consider dentists that have extensive experience, strong artistic ability, and a track record of successful procedures, such as the team at Shallowford Family Dental Group.
Strong customer service is also an important factor to consider. If you don’t feel comfortable at your dentist’s office, you’re not going to want to follow through with the procedure. Don’t be afraid to ask for before and after photos from previous patients, too. Finding a great fit for your cosmetic dentistry needs may take two or three consultations, but the life-changing results will be well worth the wait.