If you are soon to be launching a new health or wellness business enterprise or would like to boost an existing business, you will need to engage the services of a digital marketing agency and there are many industry-specific acronyms that you will encounter. Without knowing what they mean, your understanding will be affected and with that in mind, here are a few commonly used acronyms in the field of digital marketing.
- SEO – The term ‘Search Engine Optimisation’ refers to improving a website’s rankings within a Google search, which helps the online consumer to find you. SEO is also used to describe digital marketing in general and every SEO agency would offer a diverse range of digital marketing services to suit their clients.
- CTA – A ‘Call to Action’ refers to a short phrase, such as ‘learn more, ‘buy now’ or ‘click here’ and these should be located at certain locations on your website. When a user clicks on a CTA, they are taking one step closer to purchasing the product and they are very effective when used correctly.
- PPC – ‘Pay per Click’ is a form of digital advertising where advertisers pay an agreed amount when a user clicks on their ad. Google Ads is a form of PPC advertising that can offer a lot of returns if the campaign is created properly, which is why you need a digital marketing partner. For more information on Google Ads, here is an informative article that explains how PPC advertising can bring great results.
- SMM – ‘Social media marketing’ is one of the most powerful of all online marketing avenues and the digital marketing agency would have their own in-house SMM team who will work their magic on your social media accounts, creating and maintaining a large following.
- CPC – The ‘Cost Per Click’ is the amount it costs the advertiser every time someone clicks on their ads, and the CPC cost is determined by the total advertising budget divided by the number of clicks received.
- UX – This is the ‘User Experience’ and it is the goal of every business owner to constantly improve the UX by adding features to the website and posting quality content.
- ROI – Not exclusive to digital marketing, your ‘Return On Investment’ refers to the amount of sales generated by a marketing campaign when compared to the cost. When you enlist the help of a leading SEO agency, you are more likely to see a good ROI.
- KPI – The ‘Key Performance Indicators’ are the metrics you measure to see how the company is doing with regard to their goals and objectives. It is important to know how your ad campaign is performing and that is what the KPI do. It is important that you understand the advertising standards in Thailand, or any other country, for that matter.
- CPT – ‘Cost Per Thousand’ is one way of paying for your digital ads, which is a pricing model where you pay an agreed amount per thousand times your ad is shown. This means you pay when you ad is shown, not when a user clicks on it, and this type of advertising is best suited if you are trying to increase brand awareness.
As you can see, there are a lot of digital marketing acronyms and hopefully, you now have a much clearer picture of their meanings.