Medical tourism is one of the reasons why Turkey is famous nowadays, especially with hair transplantation or transplant. People looking for cosmetic surgeries, specifically hair cosmetic surgery, opt to have it in Turkey. It’s because hair transplant clinics in Turkey feature effective and high-quality treatment style procedures.
Depending on the type of hair transplant and service you are looking for, you can have the following estimated costs:
- Follicular Unit Extraction
FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction is a modern hair transplant technique considered to be minimally invasive. Generally, the posterior donor harvesting site or the back of the scalp is where follicular units or individual hair is removed one at a time. It uses 1mm small circular punches in removing the follicular units using a specialized extraction instrument. Afterward, the harvested follicular units or grafts are reimplanted where areas are bald.
FUE hair transplantation typically treats pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia. This condition makes the temple points, frontal hairline, and crown bald. With FUE, men with androgenetic alopecia can achieve a natural hairline. However, to achieve such a result, you need an experienced surgeon, such as the ones in Vera Clinic.
Since FUE hair transplant is not easy to perform, surgeons must have a high skill set required in the procedure so it can become successful. A successful outcome yields donor linear scarring elimination, your hairline looking natural, and dense hair.
The FUE hair transplant price is dependent on the method and number of grafts used, and the complexity of the surgery. Generally, in Turkey, its costs can vary according to the amount of graft as shown below:
- 2,000 grafts – from 2,280 USD; 2,000 EUR; or 1,793 GBP
- 3,000 grafts – from 3,420 USD; 3,000 EUR; or 2,690 GBP
- 5,000 grafts – from 5,700 USD; 5,000 EUR; or 4,483 GBP
- Follicular Unit Transplantation
FUT or Follicular Unit Transplantation is also known as FUSS or Follicular Unit Strip Surgery, or simply as strip surgery. It’s a type of hair transplant surgery that minimizes the scalp’s trauma, aiming for a natural-looking result. This surgery involves transplanting follicular units consisting of fine vellus hairs, small muscle, sebaceous or oil glands, nerves, and groups of one-to-four hairs. Once transplanted, this procedure preserves the unit as a whole for the growth of your hair.
The FUT hair transplant harvests a single, thin strip at the back of the scalp, unlike when using a robotic punch for the FUE procedure. However, FUT’s healing time takes longer than that of the FUE procedure and can leave a scar on the scalp. Here’s an overview of the FUT procedure:
- Under a microscope, the harvested single strip is trimmed into individual grafts.
- Each follicular unit requires a measurement of around 1mm in width.
- Up to 3,000 grafts at one time can be reimplanted if there’s an abundant supply of the donor’s hair. This can produce a hundred hair per square centimeter.
As a result, you can have more natural-looking hair, and the new follicular units can imitate the normal hair growth patterns.
In Turkey, the general price range for FUT is cheaper as it involves a quicker extraction process than the other hair transplant procedures. But usually, FUT ranges from 1,165 EUR to 2,912 EUR, which has a package including the following:
- Accommodation – Depending on the availability, the package has a 4- or 5-star accommodation before and after the surgery. It’s included so you can have the proper care during the surgery.
- Aftercare Services – Provided not only during the post-procedure while staying in Turkey, it also includes one-year medical assistance upon returning home. It involves continuous checking on your condition during the healing process.
- Medical Team – Includes the staff, anesthesiologists, and nurses who will assist you during the procedure.
- Airport-to-hotel-to-clinic transfer – Ensures and handles the comfort of transporting you to and from the airport, hotel, and clinic.
- Translator – For some patients who require their own native language to be used, translators will also be provided.
- Aftercare Treatment – Includes a protective hat, special pillowcase, special lotions, and shampoos for the patient.
- Medical Report – For your future reference, should you need to present it to your physician back home. A detailed description of the surgery will be included.
As compared to other countries like the US and the UK, a lot of people consider Turkey to offer a cheaper hair transplant. Although the cost is not as expensive, hair transplant in Turkey provides a high-quality procedure. Moreover, different clinics offer different kinds of packages you can choose from.