Testosterone is the key male hormone responsible for the development of male sexual characteristics. It is produced primarily by testicles. They regulate several functions like:
- Sex drive
- Bone mass and fat distribution
- Sperm Production
- Muscle size and strength
- Production of red blood cells
The production of testosterone is controlled by the brain and pituitary gland. Low testosterone levels can occur due to:
- Testicular injury, Infection of testicles
- Certain Medicines
- Pituitary tumors or high prolactin levels
- Type 2 diabetes, Obesity, Kidney diseases, Liver diseases, HIV/AIDs and other chronic diseases
- Genetic disorders such as Pader-will syndrome, hemochromatosis, Kallman syndrome, and myotonic dystrophy.
When testosterone levels are low in a male body, it leads to symptoms such as:
- Loss of body hair and muscle bulk
- Loss of strength and increased body fat
- Erectile dysfunction and low sperm count
- Enlarged and swollen breast tissue
Low testosterone levels can be treated with the help of testosterone supplements. Testosterone can be administered in the form of skin gels and patches, injections, or tablets.
What is Depo-Testosterone?
Depo-Testosterone is the brand name given to testosterone cypionate medicines manufactured by the pharmaceutical industrial company- Pfizer inc. It’s a prescription medicine used in the treatment of hypogonadism or low testosterone levels in males. It is even used to treat symptoms of impotence, delayed puberty in males, and inoperable breast cancer in women as it belongs to the Androgen class of drugs. To know more, check out https://hghtherapydoctor.us/product/depo-testosterone/
Advantages of Depo-testosterone:
- Increased capacity and endurance, improved workout capacity
- Weight loss and better muscle tone, strong bones
- Deeper sleep, sharper brain functions, and memory
- Better hair growth
- Happier mood
- Low cholesterol and triglyceride levels
Disadvantages of Depo-Testosterone:
Testosterone treatment is prescribed to a man weighing its advantages and disadvantages. If testosterone is administered under a doctor’s guidance in adequate quantities, then you may not suffer from any side effects. However, if testosterone levels get too high, then you may suffer from:
- Infertility, Gynecomastia-male breast enlargement
- Headaches, mood changes, depression, and anxiety
- Sleep apnea, nausea, and vomiting
- Infertility, changes in sexual interest
- Acne and oily skin
Remember to inform your doctor of your allergies along with medicines and vitamins that you have been taking, as testosterone therapy can lower blood sugar levels and alter cholesterol levels.
Overdose of testosterone is rare and if taken in greater quantities, call your local health provider immediately. Symptoms of overdose include troubled breathing, severe allergic reactions, slow or rapid heartbeat, and require immediate attention. Also, such medications should be kept away from the reach of children.
Do proper research before opting for depo-testosterone. Check all the details at https://hghtherapydoctor.us/product/depo-testosterone/.