Defining LMS platforms for the healthcare industry
If you represent a free clinic, hospital, or other healthcare organization selecting a learning management system for your training activities, it is crucial that you pick a learning management system platform designed for the healthcare industry. There are thousands of cloud-based LMS options available–but if you want a solution designed for your industry and customer support familiar with your necessary training processes, look no further than a healthcare LMS solution.
A healthcare LMS solution should allow for easy tracking of employee progress within online trainings, easy tracking of certifications, and be compatible with mobile, tablet, and desktop devices for easy training access 24/7.
All of these features are critical for a healthcare LMS because, let’s face it, healthcare workers hours are demanding and they require an online training solution that supports self-paced learning anytime, anywhere. Additionally, training administrators need an efficient solution for tracking training activities–as these individuals are equally preoccupied with their healthcare administrative duties.
Below you will find a description of multiple healthcare industry LMS platforms. Hopefully this detailed description of some of the best LMS solutions for the healthcare industry will help you choose an LMS for your organization.
Healthcare Industry Learning Management Systems
1. Healthcare Industry LMS Platform: CertCentral
This healthcare industry LMS platform is used by rehabilitation facilities, allergy clinics, healthcare technology organizations, and more. Primarily, this LMS serves as a healthcare employee onboarding software and an online platform for delivering continuing medical education credits.
Pros of CertCentral:
- CertCentral is affordable for small, medium, and large healthcare organizations, and it is easy to scale up plans as training needs grow and training budgets increase.
- Efficiently view employee results, analyze outcome data, and modify programs to be more effective with automatically-generated learning outcome data reports in Excel format.
- CertCentral supports the automatic generation of custom completion certificates that match the branding of your healthcare organization. Custom text fields on the certificate allow you to award CME credits with ease.
Cons of CertCentral:
- CertCentral does not support automated linking of certificates with accrediting body databases.
- CertCentral does not support single sign on.
- Whitelabelling is only available in Enterprise Plans.
Although CertCentral does not support the automated linking of certificates to accrediting body databases, it is possible to send student completion certificates manually. This online training platform is still one of the most affordable LMS platforms for the healthcare industry, and with its strong customer support, is a top pick for organizations first diving into online training endeavors.
2. Healthcare Industry LMS Platform: iSpring Learn
iSpring Learn is a healthcare industry LMS platform that supports organizations such as biotechnology companies and pharmaceutical companies.
Pros of iSpring Learn:
- iSpring learn supports native iOS and Android mobile applications so that learners can access trainings 24/7, even when a WiFi connection is not available.
- iSpring learn supports gamification. These gamification features award points and badges to healthcare professionals that complete assignments within their online course effectively.
- iSpring learn supports live webinars, so online course creators can deliver online trainings to anyone, anywhere at the same point in time. iSpring learn also makes it easy to record these live webinars for healthcare workers that were unable to attend the live webinar.
Cons of iSpring Learn :
- There is no way for learners to interact with each other outside of a course on iSpring Learn LMS.
- eCommerce features are fairly limited in charging learners for healthcare courses.
All in all, this healthcare industry LMS platform supports eLearning that is individualized and fun through learning paths and gamification features. Healthcare professionals feel good about the accessibility of this platform both with WiFi and without WiFi connection. However, if you are looking to charge healthcare workers for courses, it might make sense to look for another learning management system platform with more eCommerce capabilities.
3. Healthcare Industry LMS Platform: Paradiso LMS
Paradiso LMS supports hospice care facilities, universities, and boutique health institutes.
Pros of Paradiso LMS:
- Paradiso LMS is HIPAA compliant.
- Paradiso LMS is a multi-language healthcare industry LMS platform. Allow your online healthcare courses to resonate with international audiences by providing the same powerful eLearning programs in multiple languages.
- Paradiso LMS supports interactive videos. This feature allows course creators to make videos that have interrupting comments, links, images, quizzes, and more to enhance learner engagement.
Cons of Paradiso LMS:
- The site can perform rather slowly if the internet connection is not powerful enough.
- The user-interface could use updates, as navigation is not as clear-cut as it could be.
Despite the time it may take to learn this healthcare industry LMS, once mastered, it seems it has universal applications with powerful integrations and multilingual support. For these reasons, Paradiso LMS is a strong choice for an LMS platform for a healthcare organization looking to deliver trainings globally.