Healthy living and well-being have been in the limelight over the past few years. This can be attributed to the fact that there has been a rampant increase in health conditions which can be treated or avoided by the use of natural products. Aside from whole foods and water, natural oils also play a significant role in boosting human health.
Shea butter, coconut oil, hemp oil, olive oil, fish oil and tea tree oil just to mention a few, are some examples of natural oils that we can use in our day to day activities including cooking and for hair and skin care. Using these oils as opposed to synthetic products has many benefits. For starters, they can be cheap to obtain especially if you have plants from whence they are extracted in your reach. Aside from saving you some money, they also have many health benefits to them.
Take hemp oil for example. You might be wondering what is hemp seed oil, exactly, since it sounds sort of strange. The simple truth is hemp seed oil is an edible oil that can be used while cooking. Aside from its flavor, here are some health benefits that come with its consumption:
- It helps in the lowering of cholesterol levels in the human body. This fact is fundamental because by lowering cholesterol, chances of getting cardiovascular diseases are also diminished immensely.
- Due to its omega three components, it has the properties similar to those of skin lipids which help in the rejuvenating and rehydration of skin giving a smoother feel.
- It helps in maintaining hormonal balance especially in the female body and can be very efficient when sued during the menopausal period.
- It has meager amounts of sugar and carbohydrates as opposed to other vegetable oils especially the synthetic ones. This makes it an excellent oil to be used for people with diabetes.
- The fatty acids it contains also have the ability to boost your immunity. Therefore when you make this oil a regular additive to your food, you are bound to steer clear from contracting many diseases.
- This oil has been said to be good for the development of the nervous system by boosting the growth of brain structure cells.
Coconut oil is yet another oil that has numerous advantages to it. Not only is it edible, but it is also used on hair and skin. Some of the benefits of coconut oil include:
Using it regularly and even daily, can result in long and shimmering hair. This is because it contains proteins necessary for the ample growth of hair.
It also helps with digestion, losing weight, improving your skin, combating yeast related conditions just to mention a few. Here are some more of the many other benefits.
Fish oils are also believed to help brain health, maintain low cholesterol levels, assist with weight loss, possibly prevent anxiety and depression, boost the immune system in general, and soothe inflammations. Most of these benefits come from the omega 3 fatty acid present in the fish oils. Keep in mind the most recent data suggests fish oil supplements aren’t enough to get these benefits; eating fish on a somewhat regular basis is still the best method of getting fish oil into your diet.
Tea tree oil is another highly beneficial oil when used. This time it is not eaten but applied externally. Some people have termed this oil as a cure-all kind of product. However, some of the listed and proven properties and benefits it has include:
- Antibacterial properties which aid in cleaning and healing of wounds,
- Reducing inflammations,
- Has a soothing feeling which can lead to the prevention of depressions and anxiety,
- Helps in clearing scars and spots on the skin,
- Has antioxidant properties, and is also antimicrobial and antiviral.
These are just a few of the many advantages that come with tea tree oil.
As you can see, adding natural oils is very beneficial to your health and general wellbeing. Adding them to your foods or oils or bath water can lead to a very long life. You can also research on other natural oils that can be suitable for your specific needs and you are guaranteed not to be disappointed.