Dermal fillers are a popular cosmetic treatment that can safely and effectively minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and some types of scars. They can also be used to restore some of the youthful plumpness and facial softness that is lost as we age.
As with any type of cosmetic treatment, there are several potential pros and cons to consider prior to scheduling your consultation. Knowing what they are can help you to make the best informed decision about whether fillers are the right choice for you.
The pros to consider about dermal fillers
According to information at https://epiclinic.com.au/treatments/dermal-fillers/, dermal fillers are a popular cosmetic solution for the fact that they are affordable, non-invasive and require up little to no recovery time. There are a number of other benefits to dermal fillers that you should consider.
- Dermal fillers are non-invasive and don’t require surgery. This means that there are fewer risks involved with the treatment.
- The procedure itself is considered to be largely pain-free. There may be some very minor discomfort but it should pass very quickly.
- Treatments can be done in-office in under an hour. Many return to work right after getting their fillers.
- There is no down time needed after the treatment. Surgical procedures often require a minimum of a week off from work.
- In most cases, results are seen immediately.
- Dermal fillers can last between a few months up to a year or more. Depending on how your body responds to the filler, and also depends on the type of filler being used.
- Because fillers have been around for some time now, the costs are relatively low when compared to the high costs of plastic surgery.
There are several options in dermal fillers, which will allow you to get the best in treatment option to meet your aesthetic needs. It’s important to remember that the biggest advantage to dermal fillers is the degree of change that they can bring to your appearance. This can lead to a boost in your confidence levels and your overall self-esteem.
The cons to consider about dermal fillers
Dermal fillers can be used safely for a range of reasons, with a very low risk of any serious side effects. That said, there are some potential cons to consider when getting dermal fillers.
- The primary downside is also potentially a benefit to some who get fillers done. This relates to the longevity of the treatment. They are not a permanent solution like surgical alternatives are. This is part of the appeal for some, however.
- Results can last a few months and even up to a year, but regular treatments will be required in order to maintain the results.
- There may be some slight redness and bruising at the site of the injection, but this does generally pass within a day or so of treatment.
- Some itching and tenderness can also be possible, but it also typically passes within a short day or two.
Remember that if you have any concerns about dermal fillers, your doctor is the person who can provide you with the best in answers.
Are you the right candidate for dermal fillers?
Now that you know all of the potential pros and cons to dermal fillers, you can determine whether you are the right candidate for this cosmetic procedure.
You should be in good overall physical shape, and should be a non-smoker. You should also have realistic goals and a positive outlook when it comes to your aesthetic goals. It’s also important that you carefully maintain a good skin regimen so as to keep your skin looking and feeling its best between treatments.