Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world, the only drinks more popular than it would have to be water and tea. Every day, millions of individuals like to start their day with a cup of joe.
Many consider it not just a want, but a necessity, with many claiming it would be hard to function well throughout the day without a cup (or two, even three) of coffee to power them through the days’ tasks. While many might resort to buying their coffee from cafes or popular coffee chains, you may be the type who takes coffee more seriously.
You may not always have the time to go to your favorite cafe for your cup of coffee, In those times, having your own espresso machine is the best idea.
It may seem like an easy task, but it can be quite daunting. To help you, here are some tips on how to find the best espresso machine for you.
- Ask for recommendations from friends or colleagues – chances are, you may have a friend, co-worker, etc who loves coffee just as much as you do, and they might have already invested in their own espresso machine. In that case, it would be best to ask for their advice on which machine to buy, especially if you have similar tastes on the coffee that you prefer. You might even want to take a trip to their homes to try a cup of that drink yourself, then you can decide whether it’s for you or not.
- Set a budget for your purchase – the truth is there is a wide range on the prices of an espresso machine. If you are just an avid drinker, but you do not necessarily know the difference between an espresso, macchiato, latte etc., you don’t need to spend thousands of your money to buy something that you may not use often. Whatever budget you set, there will surely be a machine that can fit into that.
- Educate yourself on the types of espresso machines – there are four main types of machines. The machines may be manual, semi-automatic, fully-automatic, or even super automatic. Better write down the pros and cons of the machines to make a better choice.
- Invest in a machine that is durable – make sure that you read through reviews to find a machine that will last you for a long time. Espresso machines can be pricey, especially when you prefer different types of drinks and added features to your machine. You want to make sure it will last and you won’t have to spend too much money when you have to replace some broken parts, etc.
- Consider not only the ease of use but also the maintenance it would require – aside from cost and features, try to look for machines that will not give you a hard time when you operate it. Another thing is to find one that will be easy to clean, so that it will not be inconvenient for you.