If you plan to start pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy or are comparatively new to PEMF, you may have questions about its safety.
Is the use of PEMF safe?
Can everyone use it?
What does the research say about the safety of PEMF?
If you have these questions keep on reading. This article details the safety of PEMF and the research surrounding it.
Benefits Of Using PEMF
Pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy involves using highly concentrated electromagnetic energy supplied through PEMF machines for sale.
This energy penetrates your body to reach your cells, providing the energy needed to heal themselves.
PEMF therapy has countless health benefits and is used for various conditions affecting the eyes, circulation, and even the thyroid gland.
It treats the root cause of the problems by regenerating and repairing your body’s cells.
PEMF repairs damaged tissue and alleviates pain by supporting blood circulation, reducing swelling, and regenerating nerve cells.
As PEMF offers deep relaxation, it may reduce the time needed for rest. It may also improve the quality of your sleep, allowing you to stay asleep throughout the night.
PEMF therapy can also change how your body responds to stress by working on the endocrine and nervous systems.
The treatment can make you more resilient towards stress.
Some other benefits include:
- Accelerates healing
- Helps to balance energy
- Improves sleep quality
- Stimulates the immune system
- Supports detoxification
- It calms the mind and reduces anxiety
- Increases relaxation
- Aids in circulation and improves blood oxygen level
- Reduces muscle tension and stress
- Improves uptake of nutrients from blood and digestion
- Helps with joint and muscle aches
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves sport recovery, preparation, and performance
- Helps to minimize therapy resistance and breakthrough emotional and physical blocks
The primary concerns about the safety of PEMF are its intensity level and exposure time. So, researchers have carried out hundreds of studies on the safety of PEMF.
Here is what research says:
- In a study, healthy men were given high-intensity PEMF three days a week. The participants were given about 8000 to 30,000 magnetic pulses for two to three weeks. This is one of the most extensive exposures to PEMF. Despite this, no significant side effects were seen.
- Another study on the use of PEMF for nervous system disorders indicates that its use is comparatively safe, painless, and straightforward. The participants did not have relapse of symptoms or any adverse effects.
- Another research conducted by the University of Louisville School of Medicine studied the effect of PEMF on seizures that were unresponsive to medications. Application of PEMF reduced the frequency of seizures by 70%. So, contrary to the common myth that the use of PEMF may trigger seizures, its action is actually beneficial.
After various research on PEMF, even the FDA has approved affordable PEMF devices as wellness machines. The FDA approves the use of PEMF for the following:
- Muscle stimulation
- Healing bone fractures
- Anxiety and depression
- Cervical fusion in individuals at high risk for non-fusion
- Urinary incontinence
- Brain cancer
All in all, studies suggest that PEMF is a comparatively safe and pain-free treatment option for various disorders. It can also promote wellness in healthy individuals.
Side Effects of PEMF
Many scientists and health professionals recommend PEMF and attest to its efficacy and safety. Besides, more than seven thousand studies on PEMF have shown it to be safe.
However, during the first ten minutes, PEMF improves oxygenation and aids in the removal of toxins. This may cause some side effects, including:
- Muscle aches
These side effects are mainly due to dehydration of cells. But these side effects are mild, temporary, and resolve on their own. You can also adjust the use of PEMF according to your body’s response.
For instance, if you have side effects, you can take a break from the therapy. You can also reduce the chances of side effects by drinking plenty of water. This boosts the removal of toxins while maintaining hydration of the cells.
PEMF Safety and Contraindications
People with the following conditions need to use PEMF with caution and after consulting their physician:
- Implanted electrical devices, including cochlear implants and pacemakers
- Bleeding disorders
- Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers
- Immunosuppression or organ transplants
PEMF is a safe, non-invasive, drug-free, and beneficial treatment approach for various health conditions. It can also boost health and general well-being in healthy individuals. However, many people have concerns about its safety.
But the extensive research in PEMF suggests that it does not result in adverse effects. The therapy is safe regardless of the age of the patient and the area of the body being treated.
Even when present, side effects are mild and temporary. Common side effects include headaches, fatigue, and nausea. These side effects are due to dehydration of cells, and consuming enough water may help prevent these symptoms.
However, there are contraindications to the use of PEMF. So, always consult your healthcare professional in case of any doubts.
For more information, please visit our website