Hair removal using laser technology is very effective for permanent hair removal or reduction. And the good news is that it is approved by FDA and is considered to have almost ignorable side effects. What if I tell you that the side effects are not that much ignorable? Well here we will read about pros and cons of laser hair removal treatment. For an expert opinion, you can consult Laser clinic North York, and they can advise you whether you should go for hair removal treatment or not.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Treatment Work?
Well, you might not have the basic idea of how does this treatment work. But here we will reveal how hair removal treatment using laser works and why you need multiple sessions. There’s a myth that laser actually burns the hair and the roots of the hair. This myth is somewhat correct, but technically it’s not.
Most of the experts use a handheld laser machine to throw the light onto your facial screen. It burns every blackspot it finds and hence the hair and the roots are burnt or killed with this laser light, and within few days they will drop out of skin. But after few days you will some new hairs are growing and you’ll start yelling that the treatment wasn’t effective.
Now we will tell you why it happened. When you went for laser hair removal treatment, some of the hair was fully grown, and the laser detected those, and it burnt them. But there was hair which was not yet grown and laser couldn’t spot them. So, for this reason you will need multiple sessions of laser hair removal treatment and single session will never help you in complete removal of facial hair and they will keep growing.
Now, as we know, how does this treatment work. We can now imagine and discuss what are the pros and cons of laser hair removal treatment.
Pros of Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- The well obvious good point about laser hair removal treatment is that it has almost permanent effects. In most cases, it permanently stops hair growth. And if it doesn’t stop, it at least reduces the hair growth by 50 to 80% which is a good result if you compare with other treatments.
- The other benefit is that you don’t need any time taking painful cosmetic surgeries and treatments. It will take hardly an hour session, and you will get rid of hair.
- You don’t need for the hair to grow completely before you go for the laser hair removal treatment. You simply get a session and then after a certain time gets more sessions till the complete treatment.
Cons of Laser Treatment for Hair Removal
- The major drawback or the negative point about laser treatment is that it’s very expensive if we compare it to commonly available treatments. And it never shows 100% results at the very first session rather you will need multiple sessions which means more cost.
- A good percentage of people gone through laser treatment reported blisters, scars, and burnt skin. Such risk is always attached to laser treatment if it is not managed properly. So always opt for an expert with proper and good quality laser so it may not damage your skin.
- As we said, laser detects dark spots and burns them so people with dark skin should avoid getting this treatment because there are chances that they will get their skin burnt.
So, now you know the pros and cons of laser hair removal treatment. You can now easily decide whether you should go for this treatment or not.