Yoga is derived from Sanskrit word ‘yui’ which means a union of all aspects of individuals like body with mind and mind with soul to achieve a happy, balanced and useful life. It is a form of exercise which originated in ancient India and is practiced widely across the world today. Yoga enhances your body strength, mental health, and spiritual growth. Yoga is a physical exercise where people twist, stretch, turn and breathe in the most complex ways.
Benefits Of Yoga:
Yoga does not only keep you fit; it also has long-term benefits for those who make it as an integral part of their lifestyle. Some benefits of yoga are given below.
- Better posture: Yoga helps us to keep our spine erect, enabling to sit straight, alleviate the stress on our spine, exert through incorrect posture. Daily practice of yoga helps to keep the spine strong and prevent fatigue.
- Improves bone health: In many postures of yoga, we have to lift our own body weight so our bones become stronger and helps ward off osteoporosis.
- Increase Blood flow: Yoga poses wring out the venous blood from the internal organs and allow oxygenated blood to flow because it is inverted and twisting in nature which also boosts the hemoglobin and red blood cell count.
- Improves heart health: Yoga lowers the risk of heart attack and relieves depression by getting your heart into the aerobic range after regular practice.
- Lower the blood pressure: One hour of daily yoga for 11 weeks revealed that both meditation and yoga were effective in controlling high blood pressure.
- Improves balancing: Yoga helps in improving our body balance and developing muscle tone because in yoga practice we focus on holding postures for an extended period of time.
- Relaxation and sleeping aid: Our modern lifestyle does not allow us to sleep sufficiently but by practicing Yoga will help us to relieve the stress of modern life and helps to sleep deeper. It encourages us to slow our breath, to relax and to focus on the present. It changes our focus to parasympathetic nervous system from sympathetic nervous system.
- Improves lungs health: It helps us to change the breathing pattern and make aware of breathing correctly which pattern filter the air, supplying fresh oxygen in the lungs by removing the pollen and dirt.
- Improved digestion: The movement of the yoga improves the transport of food and removes waste through the bowels which help in getting rid of the waste from the system from more effectively.
- Relieve our pain: yoga relieve the pain and helps the people who suffer from back pain, arthritis, and other chronic conditions.
- Reduce diabetes: Some evidence shows that practicing yoga may lower blood glucose after just eight days.
Yoga is a great complement to aerobic and resistance exercises. The majorities of people who practice yoga regularly enjoy it and find its benefits. Ana Heart is the best yoga shop in USA to purchase world’s top fashion brands yoga apparel. The preliminary data from the research shows that there are several benefits for the regular practice of yoga. If you have any chronic medical problems, you can discuss with your primary care physician to add it to your medical routine.