Why People Should Exercise Every Day
People should exercise every single day. Regular exercise keeps you in shape and helps prevent serious health issues like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and stroke. Still, it also helps you manage stress levels, which significantly decreases the risk of depression. The American Psychological Association states that more than 14 million Americans over the age of 6 were diagnosed with clinical depression in 2014. That’s why people should work out daily to help keep their mental health at bay.
Importance of exercise
1. Helps with stress management – Helen Schifter shares her experiences by saying that she takes long walks at the beach followed by a jog around the block. She says that exercise helps her do away with frustrations, anger, or anything negative she might feel.
2. Helps you sleep better – Regular exercise results in better sleep patterns. Again, according to Helen Schifter, she never has trouble sleeping after going for a run or taking a walk in the park.
3. Helps you cope with chronic illness – Helen says that after years of diagnosis with a chronic illness, running on the beach helped her put her mind at ease and deal with the situation a lot better.
4. Helps reduce stress – Helen says she wouldn’t recommend running if you’re feeling stressed out because it will make you feel worse. She recommends taking long walks around your block to help eliminate stress which might have been caused by work or family issues.
5. Helps you control your weight – Regular exercise reduces excess calories in your body and increases metabolism, which both help you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight.
6. Improves mental health – Schifter says she never realized how much regular exercise helps ease her depression. She also says that exercise improves other mental disorders such as anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc.
7. Protects mental health – Helen Schifter says regular exercise makes you feel more confident and gives you that natural high from a good workout.
8. Boosts the immune system and decreases the risk of cancer. Regular exercise increases the production of human growth hormone, which helps your body fight off cancer and increases your immune system.
9. Improves cardiovascular health – Regular exercise such as running, jogging, or walking helps maintain proper blood pressure, reduces cholesterol levels, and lowers the risk of heart disease.
10. Improves bone health – Regular exercise such as running, jogging, or walking helps to increase bone density and strength.
11. Helps build muscles – Regular exercise such as running, jogging, or walking strengthens muscles and boosts your metabolism, meaning that you burn fat faster than usual.
12. Helps lower risk of diabetes – Regular exercise helps you maintain proper blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of diabetes.
13. Helps you live longer – Regular exercise helps boost your immune system and improves your cardiovascular health and bone health, resulting in a healthier and longer life.
14. It helps you manage weight-Due to the fact that regular exercise lowers excess calories in your body and increases metabolism. It will help you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight.
We all need exercise, and we all need to stay in shape, but we can all exercise for a lifetime, and everyone can do it because it doesn’t take much. Get up and go if you want to be healthier, be more confident, live longer, and work yourself less!
Even if you are on the sidelines or not fit, something can be done. It’s better than sitting in your chair doing nothing. Go for a walk, play with your children, get out of the house and be physically active. The power of exercise and its positive impact on your life are endless. You don’t need a gym membership or special equipment; you need your body to get moving. So, if you’re feeling tired, anxious, stressed, or unhappy and want to improve your overall health, try exercising every day.