Do you constantly find yourself battling your way through an energy slump? Perhaps you press the snooze button one too many times or have to set aside an hour to nap during the days?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, you are probably dealing with fatigue.
Cannabis might be the last thing you’d consider when your energy levels are low, but with so many different strains on the market nowadays, this amazing plant could actually increase your energy levels and give you a burst of a creativity!
What is Fatigue?
Nobody likes feeling tired. Not only can it affect your mood and concentration but also, it can make it difficult to manage daily affairs. It’s a good idea to consult with your doctor if you find yourself feeling constantly tired, even when you’ve had eight hours of undisturbed sleep every night. A doctor will be able to diagnose fatigue if you experience persistent and lingering tiredness.
Generally, there will be some underlying factor(s) that trigger fatigue, such as depression, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, underactive thyroid, anemia and allergic rhinitis, to name a few fatigue-causing health conditions. The good news is that cannabis has the potential to lift energy levels and help you gain your life back.
Which Cannabis Strains Help Fight Fatigue?
Although most people think cannabis is purely a relaxant, cross-breeding techniques have enabled us to discover new strains all of the time; many of which can increase focus, awareness and productivity.
One of the most commonly-found cannabinoids contained in the cannabis plant is Tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as THC. Despite being a psychoactive cannabinoid, THC communicates with cell receptors inside the brain and body that actually help regulate the sleep/wake cycle.
Another common cannabinoid is Cannabidiol, or CBD. This is the main ingredient in cannabis oil, which is often prescribed to patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. It is a non-psychoactive cannabis compound with abundant therapeutic properties, including neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
To ease the process of finding high-energy cannabis strains, we’ve compiled a list of five recommended strains for combatting feelings of fatigue. Here they are:
- Jack Herer – This sativa-dominant cannabis strain might contain THC levels of around 23 percent, but this doesn’t mean that you will be slumped on the sofa for hours after using it. In fact, Jack Herer has rose to popularity as a cannabis strain that provides a creative high. It is a promising option for people with anxiety, ADHD, PTSD and migraines. Jack Herer can be enjoyed in a simple roll-up with a sprinkle of tobacco, a preparation commonly known as a “spliff”.
- Chocolope – If you have a sweet tooth, you are going to love the Chocolope strain. The THC content varies from 18-21 percent. Its flavor is a mix of coffee and chocolate with an earthy scent. It is a fairly strong sativa. When used to microdose, Chocolope is the ideal option for a “wake-and-bake”.
- Sour Diesel – Perhaps one of the best sativa-dominant cannabis strains for fighting fatigue is this strain, which contains approximately 26 percent THC! Expect to feel motivated and mentally alert after consuming Sour Diesel, which has a candy-like flavor merged with diesel flavor notes. This strain is just as good for boosting appetite and soothing headaches as it is for increasing energy levels. Don’t forget to eat some mango before smoking this energy-boosting energy strain, as it will amplify the effects!
- Green Crack – A hybrid strain with sativa-dominant genes, this cannabis strain has 24 percent THC and a citrus flavor. The buds are tightly packed and laden with crystals. Use it if you are feeling tired, anxious, depressed or simply if you want to enjoy an energetic high at any time of day! Consider baking this delicious cannabis strain into an edible if you want the high to last longer.
- Durban Poison – Wow. This pure sativa will certainly not disappoint. With THC levels that reach 24 percent and an earthy-sweet scent, Durban Poison guarantees complete indulgence for anyone who wants to experience uplifting cerebral effects. Roll it up in a joint or bong it for the best effects. You might want to munch on some chocolate after consuming this strain, because the anandamide in chocolate will increase its potency.
Where Can I Buy High-Energy Cannabis Strains?
The best place to find energy-lifting cannabis strains and cannabis-based products is inside local San Francisco dispensaries. Don’t forget to take a valid form of identification with you, as this will be requested upon checkout! It’s a good idea to bring a written doctor’s recommendation to the store as well, as this will aid the staff in helping you find a suitable medicinal strain of cannabis.
If you have any questions regarding cannabis use for fatigue, consult with one of the knowledgeable budtenders inside the dispensary. These members of staff will have undergone training to ensure they know everything there is to know about cannabis strains and their medicinal effects.
Has medical cannabis helped improve your health or quality of life? Leave us a comment with your thoughts in the section below.