Hemorrhoids can be painful to some extent, depending on its size and age. They are unpleasant and can cause great difficulty during bowel movement. Popularly known as piles, they are swollen veins in the anus or rectum which can be caused by numerous factors.
As this condition advance with time, doctors usually advised patient to treat them as soon as possible. In this article, you will be enlightened on the causes of hemorrhoids and the best treatment available.
Causes of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids can be caused by a lot of factors and in this segment, they will be made known. From knowing, you get to know how to prevent such a condition.
1. Pregnancy: This is common among pregnant women and the reason behind it is very glaring. During pregnancy, the uterus enlarges, pressing on the vein in the colon, thereby causing it to enlarge or bulge.
2. Diarrhea: After chronic and painful diarrhea, the chances of some vessels in the rectum swelling due to irritation is very high.
3. Aging: Hemorrhoids are very common among the aged, especially from 45 to 65 years. This, however, doesn’t imply that younger individuals are exempted.
4. Anal intercourse: This is another factor which can cause the swelling of the veins in the rectum, giving rise to hemorrhoids.
5. Chronic constipation: When an individual strain to move stools, this put additional pressure on the walls of the blood vessel, causing it to bulge into full-blown hemorrhoid.
There are so many other causes like, genetics, heavy lifting, obesity, sitting for too long and so on. When this condition is discovered, it is best you contact your doctor immediately for possible treatment.
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Once this medical condition has been discovered, the best logical response would be to visit the hospital, have a doctor’s appointment on the best treatment method. The truth is, the procedures can differ, depending on the nature of the hemorrhoids.
In this segment, both the surgical and non-surgical medical procedure for the hemorrhoids treatment would be made known and explained for proper understanding. There are also things which you need to know before undergoing surgery.
The non-surgical treatment of hemorrhoids can entail the application of some creams, usually referred to as OTC (Over The Counter) creams or suppositories. You can easily order them online or visit the nearest pharmacy.
In another mild case, ice pack and cold compressors can be used to halt the swelling. Hemorrhoids are caused by pressure or irritation of the veins. By applying an ice pack or cold compressors, you can help with the swelling.
Another method, which is done under the supervision of a medical personnel is the outpatient procedure for internal hemorrhoids. This is a case where an elastic band is placed on the hemorrhoids, cutting off blood supply and consequently making the hemorrhoids to shrink and fall off.
The complete removal of the hemorrhoids using a surgical method is called a hemorrhoidectomy. It can involve stapling. This can be performed under general anesthesia. Usually, patient go home the same day after surgery.There are many finance to cover your medical expenses. If you find yourself in this condition, visit your doctor immediately to discuss the best treatment for you.