Do you have an anxiety disorder? Getting access to medical cannabis cards online for patients with anxiety is easier than ever if you are eligible. If your daily activities are disrupted by extreme fear, worry, or depression, you won’t be able to live a normal life. If you’re having trouble with this, get professional help as soon as possible because it can be difficult to deal with.
Interested in learning more about the process of obtaining a medical marijuana card? Get your medical marijuana card online at Teleleaf.com.
Can Medical Marijuana help patients who have anxiety?
Yes. In a study published in the Journal of Affective Disorders, researchers from Washington State University discovered that MMJ can dramatically lower self-reported symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress. There are several potential advantages to utilizing medical marijuana to treat anxiety.
Also, according to a study, medical marijuana users had a 58 percent reduction in anxiety and tension. Females, on the other hand, reported a higher reduction in anxiety after using medical marijuana than males. In terms of stress reduction, it was also revealed that THC gave the best results.
Overview of Anxiety
Anxiety is a common and normal emotion. When a person experiences disproportionate levels of anxiety on a regular basis, though, it may constitute a medical condition.
Anxiety disorders are a group of mental illnesses characterized by intense anxiety, fear, trepidation, and worry.
These diseases cause physical symptoms as well as changes in how a person absorbs emotions and behaves. Mild anxiety might be vague and disturbing, whereas severe anxiety can have a significant impact on daily life.
In the United States, 40 million people suffer from anxiety problems. It’s the most frequent type of mental disease in the United States. Only 36.9% of patients with anxiety disorders, on the other hand, obtain therapy.
Symptoms of Anxiety
While anxiety disorders can have a variety of diagnoses, the symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) frequently include the following:
- restlessness and a sense of being “on the brink”
- Irritability rose as a result of uncontrollable worried feelings.
- issues with concentrating
- Sleep disorders, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep
Types of Anxiety
Anxiety disorders were previously classified as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and acute stress disorder in prior editions of the DSM.
Anxiety disorders now include the following diagnoses.
- Generalized anxiety disorder: (GAD) is a long-term anxiety disorder characterized by anxieties over nonspecific life events, objects, and situations. GAD is the most common anxiety disorder, and sufferers aren’t always able to pinpoint the source of their anxiety.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder is characterized by brief or unexpected spells of acute anxiety and apprehension. These attacks can cause trembling, confusion, dizziness, nausea, and difficulty breathing.
- Specific phobia: This is an unreasonable fear of a specific thing or situation that leads to avoidance. Phobias are distinct from other anxiety disorders in that they are caused by a specific event.
- Agoraphobia: This is a dread of and avoidance of places, events, or situations where escaping is difficult or when help is unavailable if a person becomes stuck.
- Selective mutism: This is a type of anxiety in which some children are unable to talk in specific places or situations, such as school, despite having strong verbal communication abilities with familiar individuals.
- Social anxiety disorder, or social phobia: This is a fear of being judged negatively by others in social circumstances or of being embarrassed in public. Stage fright, a fear of intimacy, and concern over humiliation and rejection are all symptoms of social anxiety disorder.
- Separation anxiety disorder: is characterized by high levels of anxiety following separation from a person or location that provides emotions of security or protection.
Causes of Anxiety
Anxiety disorders have a variety of causes. Many things might happen at once, some things can lead to others, and some things don’t always lead to anxiety disorders.
The following are some of the possible causes:
- Workplace pressures, marital concerns, and family issues are all examples of environmental stressors.
- Anxiety disorders run in families, therefore people who have a family member with one are more likely to develop one themselves.
- Many anxiety illnesses are defined by psychologists as misalignments of hormones and electrical signals in brain withdrawal.
- medical conditions, such as signs of another disease, pharmaceutical side effects, or the stress of major surgery or a lengthy recuperation
- Withdrawing from an illicit substance has the potential to amplify the consequences of other plausible reasons.
Treatment for Anxiety
There are two types of anxiety treatment: psychotherapy and medications. Meeting with a therapist or psychologist can help you build tools and ways for dealing with anxiety.
In moderate or severe cases, treatment can help you overcome the symptoms and live a more bearable day-to-day living.
Antidepressants and sedatives are two drugs that are commonly used to treat anxiety. They work by restoring brain chemistry, preventing anxiety attacks, and reducing the severity of the disorder’s symptoms.
While many various types of therapy are used to address anxiety, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and exposure therapy are the most common. Each anxiety therapy can be used on its own or in combination with other therapies.
Changes in your lifestyle can help you cope with the stress and anxiety you face on a daily basis.
Medical Marijuana as an alternative treatment for anxiety
Medical marijuana has already been found to be highly effective in the treatment of anxiety symptoms in research.
The findings show that medicinal marijuana can assist people with anxiety disorders cope with the constant worry and anxiety that comes with it.
Here are some of the potential benefits of using medicinal marijuana to treat anxiety:
- More restful sleep
- Relaxation is improved
- Reduces bodily pain and stress
- Physical tremors are reduced.
- Reduce depression for a short period of time
So, if you’re looking for a medical marijuana card to treat anxiety, Teleleaf.com is more than happy to assist you in your journey. Book an appointment today!