Watermelon seeds are one of the most astonishing seeds to exist. Seeds are themselves remarkable because they contain all that is needed to grow a whole fruit. They are packed with loads of nutrients, macros, and micros. These little seeds are as impressive as others and can serve as a healthy and delicious snack and an add on ingredient.
Ways to Consume These Seeds
There are a ton of ways to consume these seeds. It all depends on how creative you can be!
- These seeds are more flavourful and healthier after sprouting. Sprouting makes them lose their black shell and what remains is a creamy white seed that looks appetizing and is full of nutrition. Sprouting watermelon seeds is as easy as anything. All you need to do is to soak them in water for about a week. You can then roast these in an oven with your favourite seasoning and voila, you have a healthy snack on the go.
- These seeds can also be consumed without sprouting and without even roasting. In this case, all you need to do is to dry these little things and they are good to be consumed.
- You can also incorporate these seeds into a variety of dishes.
- You can top your favourite dishes with these seeds, be it puddings, custard, trifles, and even jelly.
- You can also enjoy these with your tea!
- You can use these flavourful seeds in baking. Bake bread, biscuits, and cookies with this amazing ingredient.
Watermelon seeds even though small harbour a huge nutritious value.
- They contain more protein than almond or sunflower seeds. That is, 10g of protein per ounce. This is even more than what is contained in one large egg! Being high in protein content, these can serve as an incredible source of protein for bodybuilders and fitness freaks out there.
- In addition to this, watermelon seeds contain loads of magnesium, copper, zinc, iron and a lot more. This makes them exceptionally good for hair and skin.
- Watermelon seeds have been proven to reduce acne, provide moisture to the skin, and give a bright radiant glow. They also make the hair softer, shinier and stronger.
- They are a rich source of healthy fats that are light on the heart and promote a healthier cardiovascular system.
- They also contain B vitamins which serve as cofactors in thousands of biochemical reactions in the body. Furthermore, b vitamins are essential for nerve function, so watermelon seeds promote brain health.
Watermelon Seeds and Erectile Dysfunction
The wholesome nutrient content of these seeds ensures healthy vasculature which in turn helps combat many diseases like heart diseases, strokes, peripheral vascular diseases, hypertension, erectile dysfunction, etc. Erectile dysfunction is a disorder of penile erection widely prevalent in men. In this disorder, the penis fails to maintain erection making it impossible for intercourse to take place. The most common aetiology of this disorder is the dysfunctional circulatory and cardiac system of the body which causes failure of the penis to fill with blood and so fails to become erect. Medications include tadalafil, kamagra chewable, sildenafil, vardenafil, etc. These drugs are phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors and have a success rate of around 70%. This disorder warrants treatment as it can be quite distressing for men. Other treatment strategies are psychological therapies and surgery being the last resort. You can buy these drugs in Australia online. Check this website: Oz meds online to buy authentic ED drugs at the best rates.
In today’s era, where eating healthy is hard, it is beneficial to add these remarkable seeds in our diets and replace unhealthy snacks with healthier one.