Sermorelin and Ipamorelin are growth hormones; or in simple terms, hormones that stimulate growth. They are natural hormones, found in both animals and plants. Most people accentuate growth hormones with muscle building, especially in relation to GHRPs or synthetically made growth hormones that are manufactured solely for muscle building. The hormones boost cellular regeneration, growth, cellular damage and they also repair injuries. The process advances weight gain and maintains the blood sugar levels.
The market is full of different growth hormones, and each is made for specific uses and has side effects. Most of the products are tested on animals before they are released onto the market. Nonetheless, some people consider this unethical. In case ethics is your primary concern, you should first look into the company’s animal testing policies and procedures before purchasing the product.
Sermorelin is a Secretagogue, or a growth releasing hormone that stimulates the pituitary gland to produce more growth hormones. It is a bioidentical hormone. This means the hormone’s molecular structure is similar to the molecular structure of the body’s natural growth hormone. Sermorelin, therefore, functions like the body’s growth hormone, but unlike other kinds of growth hormone therapies, sermorelin stimulates the body to produce more human growth hormone, effectively and safely. Sermorelin is also a peptide, made up of 29 amino acids. However, it should not be compared with the naturally occurring human growth hormone which is a huge molecule made up of 191 amino acids. Sermoreline’s chemical name is GRH 1-29 because only the 29 amino acids actively stimulate the secretion of the human growth hormone from the pituitary gland. Currently, sermorelin is the only product available that enhances the effects of the human growth hormone.
While on the hormone replacement therapy, the body can efficiently regulate the growth hormone levels and determine the highs and the lows. The regulation is termed as the normal feedback which is the body’s protective mechanism. When the hormone levels are too high, the normal feedback mechanism tries to bring the levels back to a safer and more balanced level. The regulation prevents the sudden spikes and drops of the human growth hormone.
Currently, sermorelin is mainly administered through the subcutaneous injection. Since it has small molecules, it could be administered as a spray through the nasal mucosa. To know more about the procedure, or if you’re interested in getting one yourself, click here to enroll for hormone replacement therapy. Sermorelin and the human growth hormone work in different regions of the body. The human growth hormone works in the liver while sermorelin works at the pituitary gland, but both hormones boost the IGF-1 serum. Sermorelin is measured in micrograms while the human growth hormone is measured in International units. Also, sermorelin is cheaper than the human growth hormone, but one vial of sermorelin has more daily doses than one vial of the human growth hormone. While taking sermorelin, the timing is crucial. The peptide should be administered once a day in the evening. This should be strictly before bedtime since sermorelin boosts the body’s natural production and development of the human growth hormone during sleep.
Benefits of sermorelin
As people age, they experience decreases in energy levels and an increase in different bodily pains and aches. Besides being a safe growth hormone, Sermorelin therapy deals with such aging symptoms.
- Based on research, a deficiency of the growth hormone in adults causes a lower bone density which could cause osteoporosis. When taken for over 12 months, sermorelin amplifies the bone density reducing the risk for osteoporosis.
- People with low levels of the growth hormone have a lower libido and in most cases, lower energy levels. Sermorelin revitalizes energy levels, libido, and sexual performance. In some cases, while on sermorelin, users experience premature ejaculations.
- Lower levels of the growth hormone cause lower muscle volume and higher levels of the body’s fat mass. By boosting the muscle mass and reducing fat, sermorelin reverses this body composition. Within 12 months of the sermorelin therapy, there is an improvement in muscle mass and muscle strength.
- Anyone suffering from the growth hormone deficiency is at risk for heart diseases. The deficiency also poses a threat to premature atherosclerosis which is a plaque buildup in the arteries. The buildup could cause a stroke or heart attack. The deficiency may also affect the heart size and function, but within six months of the sermorelin therapy, the state is reversed.
- People with low levels of the growth hormone suffer from psychological problems. Nevertheless, based on previous studies, sermorelin improves energy, mood and the general feeling of mental health.
- Anyone who has a growth hormone deficiency experiences low exercise performance due to reduced muscle mass and bone density. Low exercise performance is also attributed to the lower level of oxygen uptake. Anyhow, within six months of sermorelin therapy, the peptide improves muscle mass and oxygen uptake which consequently improve the exercise performance levels.
- Growth hormone deficiency causes lower resting metabolism, but the sermorelin therapy invigorates the metabolism, reversing this state. The therapy increases protein synthesis, increases oxidation of fat, reduces LDL or harmful cholesterol and normalizes carbohydrate metabolism. These effects consequently improve the body composition and heart health.
- Since it increases muscle strength and muscle mass, sermorelin therapy can prevent joint deterioration which is mainly attributed to arthritis. Appropriate growth hormone levels are suitable for the development of synovium; a connective tissue in the joints.
- A reduction in the skin collagen and skin thickness results from the growth hormone deficiency. Anyway, at optimal levels, sermorelin alleviates these conditions.
Just like Sermorelin, Ipamorelin is a secretagogue. Ipamorelin causes some response by binding the cellular receptors. The secretagogue stimulates the pituitary gland to produce the growth hormone into the bloodstream and suppresses the production of somatostatin. In most cases, ipamorelin works in the liver and the brain, and this makes it suitable for anti-aging effects. ipamorelin is a peptide since it contains amino acids and it is categorized as a GHRP or growth hormone releasing peptide. It is similar to Hexarelin, GHRP2, and GHRP6.
Compared to other peptides, ipamorelin is the mildest GHRP. The peptide is also the most versatile GHRP that can be utilized by SARMs, AAS and peptide stacks for more benefits. Ipamorelin also has the mildest side effects and can even boost low growth hormone levels when the long-term synthetic growth hormone inhibits the natural secretion of the growth hormone. Unlike prolactin and cortisol, ipamorelin stimulates the secretion of the growth hormone without the negative side effects.
Since it targets a specific growth hormone pulse and heightens ghrelin, ipamorelin is similar to GHRP-6. Nevertheless, unlike the GHRP-6, ipamorelin doesn’t stimulate hunger. More so, it does not affect the plasma growth hormone levels and the cortisol levels. Unlike other peptides such as Hexarelin, Ipamorelin does not affect desensitization. Since it is a versatile hormone, ipomerlein is more suitable as a bedtime dose.
Although it doesn’t affect cortisol levels, high doses of Ipamorelin directly affect prolactin and cortisol production. For this reason, a user can administer higher doses and with a higher frequency. This may not elevate the acetylcholine blood plasma levels or the cortisol levels. Despite being the mildest GHRP, ipamorelin is not the weakest. It is actually the longest lasting GHRP, and it is more potent at higher doses. Ipamorelin also functions as a slow building hormone just like the natural growth hormone. This makes it the healthiest peptide.
Ipamorelin is sold as a lyophilized powder or a frozen powder form, and it is mixed with bacteriostatic water for usage. After it is reconstituted, you should keep it refrigerated, all the time, for up to 5 weeks, but in its powder form, you can refrigerate it for up to 12 weeks. After preparation, you can administer ipamorelin through injection; subcutaneous injection or intramuscular injection. To most people, the subcutaneous injection is the easiest, and it is administered two to three times in a day. A small insulin syringe can work well. An ipamorelin dosage is approximately 200 to300mcg, and for more benefits, most people combine the ipamorelin dosage with other growth hormone releasing hormones or GHRHs. The results should be visible within eight weeks, but the recommended minimum is twelve weeks. You can administer the ipamorelin therapy as long as you wish.
Even though it is a medication, ipamorelin is not readily available in the market. If you choose to buy the product, you must research through chemical supply companies, and you may find it, going for 15$ to $25 for very 2mg. Preferably take ipamorelin before meals since it is easier for the hormone to get into the bloodstream, for better results. Advisably, take the peptide at the same time every day and at the same frequency to ensure ipamorelin levels are boosted in the body at a uniform standard. This maximizes results and reduces the likelihood of Ipamorelin side effects.
Benefits of Ipamorelin
Ipamorelin therapy comes with various benefits, and most of them are identical to Sermorelin benefits or other advantages attributed to normal growth hormones. Still, ipamorelin has additional benefits including controlling the growth hormone pulse release and the level of growth hormone released at one time.
Here are some other benefits attributed to Ipamorelin:
- Most bodybuilders take ipamorelin for lean muscle growth. They take the peptide 30 to 45 minutes before they go to the gym. If administered in optimal conditions, in the first four months, most ipamorelin users gain 30 percent more lean muscle. The change is however noticeable within the first two months, but the level of muscle gain depends on several factors. It counts on age, sleep, diet, lifestyles, genetics and the level of exercise. Anyhow, one can quickly gain 30 percent lean muscle if they eat a protein-rich diet and sleep for over seven hours.
- Just like any other growth hormone, ipamorelin revitalizes the body. From improving energy levels and reducing wrinkles, ipamorelin’s anti-aging benefits are undeniable. The growth hormone deficiency dramatically affects the skin; causing, cellulite, age spots, and wrinkles. Ipamorelin regenerates skin cells and the organic tissues. This stimulates collagen synthesis. Most users notice a smoother skin and an even complexion within six months of ipamorelin therapy. Some even say they look younger. However, these benefits are only evident in users who experience the growth hormone deficiency. Through cell regeneration, ipamorelin also influences hair growth nurturing thick, strong and healthily hair.
- Besides these regenerative abilities, the peptide also boosts bone density, and joint support, enhancing the user’s stability. Ipamorelin also strengthens the immune system, and it also improves the metabolic rate since it covers almost every aspect of energy.
- People suffering from the human growth deficiency experience high blood pressure which is common among the elderly. Ipamorelin therapy controls the blood pressure and keeps other cardiovascular diseases at bay. The peptide enhances the production of the human growth hormone which is attributed to healthy blood vessels and a healthy heart.
- Anyone with the growth hormone deficiency experiences higher resistance to insulin and low levels of healthy body fat. These conditions are common with diabetes patients and can be alleviated using the ipamorelin therapy.
- In most cases, obesity is linked to the growth hormone deficiency. Hence, ipamorelin could effectively enhance weight loss since with a dietary restriction, the peptide influences anabolic actions. The growth hormone stimulates the metabolism of fats into fatty acids and glycerol which promote weight loss.
Both sermorelin and ipamorelin therapies are safe and effective, and they are efficient anti-aging therapies. They deal with age-associated health issues such as low energy levels and lean muscle development. Since they firm the skin, sermorelin and ipamorelin therapies can make you look and feel younger. Nonetheless, in some cases, the therapies yield some side effects. When taken in high doses, ipamorelin causes a slight head rush feeling or a headache while sermorelin causes pain, nausea, swelling at the injection point, vomiting, paleness, redness and facial flushing. To manage these side effects, take lab tests to monitor the growth hormone levels and to track progress effectively. Also, in case you are on prescription medicine, pregnant, have a brain disease or medical allergy; consult a doctor before taking ipamorelin or sermorelin.
Photo by rankun76