5 Bedtime Beauty Tips
Beauty tips can be based on lifestyle, diet, beauty products, and more. No matter how many tips one tries out, there is one that sticks out the entire time. Helen Lee Schifter‘s beauty tip is all about bedtime. Her bedtime tip to look young and fresh is sleeping on a silk pillowcase. She claims that sleeping on a silk pillowcase allows one’s skin and hair to be better cared for. Schifter’s method of caring for skin and hair is due to the fibers in a silk pillowcase. She claims that sleeping on a silk pillowcase, instead of a cotton pillowcase, helps one look younger by decreasing nighttime sweat and oil production while increasing blood flow.
Five bedtime beauty tips:
1. One bedtime beauty tip she recommends is wearing a silk or satin pillowcase. Schifter recommends sleeping on one because it allows skin and hair to be better cared for due to the fibers of the pillowcase. Schifter claims that this decreases nighttime sweat and oil production while increasing blood flow. She also claims that this helps one look younger.
2. Another bedtime beauty tip Schifter suggests is keeping it cool while sleeping. She recommends turning the thermostat down at night to keep things cool while sleeping to keep wrinkles at bay, which can be caused by sleeping in warm conditions.
3. Schifter claims that this reduces stress and strain on one’s skin and face. Helen Lee Schifter also recommends washing one’s face in cold water every morning and night, regardless of how tired they may be. She claims that this will rid one’s face of dirt and oil, which she also recommends cleaning all over at least twice a day. She claims that washing in cold water will increase the blood flow to the skin and help get rid of dead skin cells. She suggests drinking 6-8 glasses of water every day as well as avoiding caffeine and alcohol.
4. Schifter also suggests putting on an eye mask while sleeping to avoid wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes.
5. She claims that an eye mask allows one’s eyes to be rested and reduces the number of wrinkles caused by staying up late. She claims that the skin around one’s eyes is extremely sensitive, so she recommends using a cream or gel for this area.
Lastly, Schifter also suggests using a hand cream while sleeping. Helen Lee Schifter claims that the skin of one’s hands is rough and dry, which causes them to age faster than other areas of the body. She recommends using a cream or lotion for this area, specifically thicker creams, and gels that She claims are richer in nutrients. Helen Lee Schifter states that this helps the skin look younger and more radiant. She claims that this especially helps the backs of hands where wrinkles develop first. Helen Lee Schifter also states that moisturizing any rough patches on one’s body can help reduce wrinkles in these areas. She claims that this helps the skin look younger and healthier.