Dry skin can be bothersome, especially in the summertime when we tend to spend a lot of time outdoors in the sun, playing in the pool, relaxing on the beach, and doing other activities that can wreak havoc on your skin. While there are a variety of pre-packaged products readily available that can help soothe dry skin, consider using natural remedies instead since dry skin in summer requires special care. Here are some popular natural ingredients and remedies that work well to moisturize and soothe dry summer skin:
Natural Remedies to Soothe Summer Skin
- Milk – Do not underestimate the advantages of using milk for skin care. Milk has natural anti-inflammatory properties as well as lactic acid, which is a natural exfoliant. It is especially helpful for irritated summer skin that is itchy.
- Olive Oil – A great natural cleanser and moisturizer, olive oil is a good choice to use on a regular basis because it will gently clean the skin well but will not strip away its essential natural oils that are needed.
- Avocado – Using an avocado mask on the face is a great way to soothe dry summer skin. Make a mixture of avocado and olive oil to create a healthy mask that will leave your skin moisturized and refreshed.
- Oatmeal – Adding oatmeal to bath water can help to naturally rehydrate and soothe dry summer skin and it also helps skin retain moisture from water in the bath.
- Coconut Oil – Since coconut oil becomes solid when it is stored at room temperature, it makes an amazing moisturizing cream for your entire body. This works well to help hydrate dry summer skin.
- Aloe Vera – An amazing remedy for sunburn relief, Aloe Vera gel works well to alleviate the pain of sunburnt skin in the summer. In addition, it also relieves red and irritated skin from excessive dryness and adds much needed moisture.
- Sugar – Use sugar to naturally moisturize and exfoliate summer skin by making a scrub. Simply add sugar to olive oil and gently rub the scrub onto skin for smooth skin all summer long.
- Natural Oils – Instead of harsh soaps choose natural oils to clean the skin while bathing. Irritant-free oils such as jojoba and argan are great for moisturizing the skin and also helps recreate your natural skin barrier that gets damaged by washing with soaps. Adding several tablespoons of the oil to bathwater can soothe summer skin.
Using these natural remedies instead of soaps and cleansers with harsh chemicals is the key to fantastic healthy summer skin! These natural ingredients are so much better for dry, summer skin, and offers long term benefits that help you keep your skin looking its very best!