Fitness and nutrition are like two sides of the same coin. To be able to stay fit and keep your body well-toned, one has to exercise. Similarly, to be able to stay healthy and nourished, a healthy diet is crucial. This is why these two subjects go hand in hand.
Exercise need not be such a chore as most people cringe at the thought of letting their body strain and dread the pain that comes afterwards. To make exercise so fulfilling, why not try out a sport that you may enjoy such as dance class or swimming because not only do you get to have fun but you work those muscles too keeping your fitness levels on top. For those who are not into running, you can start with a jog or even a walk for just one hour. As you can see, exercise is not about strain but fun, it is about working your muscles, keeping your heart rate pumping and enjoying yourself in the process.
Diet is a word that these days can mean a lot of things. To some diet is focused on slimming products and the new age regimen that are flooding the health industry making it to become a lucrative multimillion business. To others diet is about minding the type of food we consume and this is where we go back to the basics of what consists of a healthy diet which include; carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals. We judge the value of the food we consume based on either its taste or nutritional value it provides. Most people go for the taste factor over the nutritional significance when it comes to food leading to the rise on obesity. It is therefore very important to go back to the basics of what consists a healthy diet.
Eating for health is what you should always focus on when it comes to planning the correct diet plan. The best foods for good nutrition that you should include in each meal or snack are fruits and vegetables. Choosing the right diet plan depends on whether your goal is to lose weight or build muscle. To build muscle, you should aim for a diet that includes a lot of protein or protein supplements and an increase in the right kind of calories. For those looking for a lean and well-toned body, your diet will consist of more carbohydrates and a reduction on calories. Never opt for a crash diet because is dangerous to your health for you can become malnourished while trying to lose weight fast.
To ensure that you get to stay healthy, a good exercise combined with a good diet plan will enhance your body and make it be in tip top shape. Below are a few tips to point you in the right direction as you begin the journey to find your balance between fitness and nutrition;
- Limit fat and processed food intake. Eat a lot of fresh, organic foods instead so that your body gets essential vitamins and minerals.
- Eat a minimum of five small meals at regular intervals each day so that your body will not have hunger pangs and it will also raise your metabolism to help shed excess fat.
- Try to have a gap of at least 4 hours between your last meal and bedtime so that your body gets to burn off excess calories while you are sleeping. Do not eat just before bedtime.
- Drink lots of water at least 2 litres a day to get rid of unwanted toxins from your body as well as to regulate body temperature.
- Always have a nutritious breakfast as skipping this important meal makes you feel tired and restless.
- Make it a rule to include a lot of protein in your diet as it helps the growth and repair of your muscles. Try out an egg, lean meat or fish as proteins are an essential part of your diet.
- Do not drink alcohol as it slows down metabolism.
- Choose the type of exercise that you may enjoy and start working those muscles.
Eating healthy food alone will not keep your body rejuvenated. It has to be trained and kept stimulated with physical activity on a regular basis. This will empower you to cope with stress and sicknesses. Therefore under no circumstance should you allow yourself to have fitness without good nutrition