Your makeup can make you look beautiful, but without your awareness, it may be ruining your skin. You are sacrificing your skin health and beauty for only a momentary improvement.
Is it worth it?
In this article, we are going to answer that question and show you how your makeup is damaging your skin. However, we will do more than simply discuss the problem; we will bring you a solution. We will show you how to fix it, no worries.
Not All Makeup Products Are the Same
Now, not all the makeup is bad, but it is important to note that many products in the market are noxious for your skin health, because of their composition. Therefore, it is important to know what ingredients are toxic for your skin, so you can discard all the products that contain them.
Here you have a complete list:
- A harmful neurotoxin that must be avoided at all cost because it causes problems during puberty for females, it is linked to a high risk of miscarriage and reduced fertility
- BHT and BHA. These preservatives are dangerous endocrine disruptors linked to skin allergies and many other problems
- Harmful preservative linked to breast cancer and a wide myriad of health problems
- Chemicals considered as endocrine disruptors that can cause hormonal, neurological and reproductive damage. They are extremely dangerous, so you better discard all your makeup products that contain them
- This ingredient has been considered as a carcinogen by the European Union
- Another harmful compound banned in the UE due to its high toxicity
- Formaldehyde-Releasing Preservatives. Avoid them at all cost, because this sustained release of formaldehyde is linked to cancer
- PEG Compounds. They contain dioxane and ethylene oxide, chemicals that are linked to the development of cancer
- These chemicals are known for interfering with the normal functioning of the endocrine system
- Another dangerous carcinogen that you must avoid at all cost for evident reasons
- A harmful compound linked to thyroid disorders and disruption in the endocrine system
- An endocrine disruptor that irritates the skin, eyes, and lungs.
Scary, there is no doubt about it because these ingredients are used in many different products, even with top-notch makeup lines. That is why it is important to always check the composition, to determine if the product is healthy or not.
However, there are still brands that care about your skin health, and therefore, they use natural ingredients that are beneficial to you. For example, if we look to South America, we will find Natura, a brand that solely uses organic and natural compounds in the composition of their products.
If we look to South East Asia, we will find Sungrace Thailand, another great makeup line that cares about the health of their customers, so they have developed makeup that makes them look beautiful while protecting their skin.
As we can see, there are alternatives, you only need to look for them, and now that you have a list of the toxic ingredients that many makeup products use, you know what to avoid. You must protect your skin now!
This is the end of this article. Now you know how to make better choices when shopping for makeup, and that will only benefit you in the long run, because you will make yourself look beautiful, and at the same time, care about your skin.