Giving birth to a baby is one of the most life-transforming events of your life. Since you have to give all your time to the newborn, you hardly have time for yourself. A woman who becomes a mother is so occupied with her new schedule that, she hardly gets any sleep, let alone devote time to workouts.
So, if you think you have lost your firm and flat stomach to childbirth, there are more ways than one to get your stomach back to its former shape. A toned tummy will also mean a fitter you, as a bulging stomach besides, ruining your appearance, can also lead to a number of health repercussions.
This is where surgery for tummy tuck comes to your rescue. It helps you to get that washboard ab, you had always dreamt of but never really thought you would get. Yes, abdominoplasty surgery or a tummy tuck surgery helps give you the definition in the stomach area and can help you get back into the pre-pregnancy shape. Is this what you should go for after pregnancy? Find out here in this article.
What a Tummy Tuck Surgery Can Do to Your Abdomen
A tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, can transform the look of your tummy forever, making it firm and toned. Sometimes women develop a pooch after childbirth; it can even affect a woman who has had washboard abs before her child was born.
A tummy tuck is the answer to your specific needs and concerns; it can help remove the stubborn flab from the abdomen area, tighten your skin or muscle, also hide several scars, like the scars you get after major surgeries like c-section scars.
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is an extensive surgical procedure that not only gives you a sculpted and firm look but also boosts your confidence levels as it improves your external appearance. There comes a point in your life when you realize that a strict fitness regime and a restrictive diet plan may not give you the stomach you want.
This is the time when a tummy tuck surgery can help change things and help realize the dream of attaining a sculpted stomach.
The Tummy Tuck Procedure
The tummy tuck surgery is a complicated procedure that involves several steps. Find out more about it here,
- The surgeon marks the abdomen at the point of incision and helps in the navel repositioning.
- Next, the patient is injected with local anesthesia and epinephrine that helps control excessive bleeding.
- The surgeon will make an incision from the abdominal wall to your ribcage and help tighten it with sutures.
- The surgeon will next remove excess fat from the abdomen and then close the incision with the help of sutures, staples, clips or steri- strips.
- In a full abdominoplasty, the surgeon inserts one or more drain pumps to flush out the excess fluids, which can put pressure on the incision.
- In a full abdominoplasty procedure, the incision is in the form of either a V-cut or U-cut, so that the scar remains hidden under clothes. Your surgeon will determine the length and shape of the incision after conducting full-length discussions with you.
- In a mini-tummy tuck, the surgeon makes an incision in a way that is hidden in the pubic bone area and no incisions are made on the navel.
- The chief goal of your cosmetic surgeon is to give you the desired results and make you look your best.
Top Reasons for Getting a Tummy Tuck Surgery after Pregnancy
- If You Have Loose Skin around your Abdominal Area- During the time of your pregnancy, the skin in your stomach area tend to stretch out, the very reason you have stretch marks too. Once the skin is stretched, it is unlikely to get back to its original shape, once your baby is born. Tummy tuck surgery can work wonders by removing the extra skin which mars your abdominal area.
- To get rid of C-Section Scarring- If you are left with more than one scar on your abdominal region, a tummy tuck procedure can easily hide the scar, by lifting the skin just over it.
- Diastasis recti-Some women, after pregnancy, suffer from a condition called the diastasis recti, where the abdominal muscles get separated. The split muscles can lead to a tummy pooch, constipation and back pain which refuses to go. If you get surgery for tummy tuck, you will get tightened muscles as well as skin.
- You want your old body back and also your self-confidence back- When you undergo a physical transformation for the better, not only you look good but also you feel amazing. Your confidence levels also rise several notches as a result of your new transformed body, all thanks to a tummy tuck surgery.
- You do not want more children-Once you are done with having kids, you want your old perfect body back. Surgeons often suggest that you should only think of opting for a tummy tuck surgery when you have already had your last child, and do not want more. This will ensure that the results of a tummy tuck surgery will not be affected by future pregnancies.
- Diastasis recti -Some women may experience a separating of the abdominal muscles known as diastasis recti after childbirth. There are many issues that may start after split muscles such as tummy pooch, back pain and constipation. A full tummy tuck surgery can help tighten the muscles and skin.
If you are still debating whether to go for a tummy tuck surgery, seek the help of your surgeon. She/he will help you decide whether you really need to go for the surgery or not.