What is abdominal bloating? We all like to wake up light and comfortable. But on some days you must be feeling stomach fullness or pain. It is not liked by anyone. It interferes with our normal day to day work and causes stomach distention. It leads to increase in our stomach size. We might not fit in our old clothes. All this can be very depressing so it needs immediate attention. But what causes this is that when we are not able to pass gas normally, it accumulates in our stomach leading to bloating. It can occur occasionally because of various reasons. But if someone is experiencing it daily then it is point of concern. It can interfere with our daily activities as a person does not feel comfortable and hence is not able to focus properly.
Symptoms of stomach pain and bloating:
As discussed earlier, stomach pain and bloating can affect anyone. There are various causes of stomach pain and bloating and the symptoms vary accordingly from individual to individual. Some of the common symptoms are:
- Stomach pain and tightness: This is one of the most common symptoms experienced by people. It can cause discomfort as one is not able to eat and work properly. One feels stomach tightness and the diameter of stomach increases. This can occur if one had consumed gassy foods. It can also be due to indigestion and constipation. Many people feel this if they have eaten certain types of foods. Then one must avoid these to further worsen the condition.
- There can be excessive formation of gas or flatulence. These are also because of excessive eating, swallowing air or if one does not chew the food properly.
- One can also experience excessive burping and feeling of fullness. This can be because of heartburn or eating oily food.
- Uncomfortable feeling is something that is experienced by majority of people. There can also be stomach belching and pain.
Thus, these are some of the symptoms. One needs to meet the doctor if you observe the following changes:
- One should have normal bowels. But you are experiencing acute constipation like if you have not passed motions for 3 or 4 days, then see the doctor immediately. It indicates intestinal blockage.
- If stomach pain is present along with excessive vomiting, then one needs medical help.
- If you are experiencing stomach bloating along with diarrhoea, then seek medical help.
- If someone is passing blood in the stools or is vomiting blood, then take medical help immediately. These can be cause of many other serious diseases.
- If one is having painful bowel movement or is having pain during intercourse.
- If someone is experiencing nausea and pain after every meal, then visit the doctor.
Bloating, gas, burping, stomach pain, these are some of the very common symptoms that we all must have experienced once a while. However, the above mentioned are some of the serious symptoms, which one should not take lightly. This is as important as you learn trading tips on a daily basis from Admiral markets
When to take medical help for stomach pain and bloating?
Stomach pain and bloating are caused because of numerous reasons like constipation, irritation bowel syndrome, bacterial infection, some kind of medications, excessive weight gain, some structural abnormalities of GIT, pregnancy and also it is many a times observed during pre menstrual syndrome and many serious problems like certain types of cancers, celiac disease where a person is intolerant to wheat and its products, liver diseases, kidney failure, heart diseases and pancreatic insufficiency. But if these symptoms of stomach pain and bloating are prolonging for a long time then you need to take some medical help.
Cure for stomach pain and bloating:
Above we have seen the various symptoms and causes. But the next important thing to understand is how one can cure this problem. Though it does not seem to be very serious always but it affects person mentally and a person can feel irritated all the time. Hence timely cure of this condition is very important. There are various medicines available which one could try but it is good to start with home remedies. They are easily available and have fewer side effects. So some of the best home remedies are:
- Have at least 3 litres of water every day. Drinking plenty of water helps a lot in reducing bloating. Many a times, it is found that people who do not drink sufficient water experience stomach pain and distension. So drink number of glasses of water.
- One can drink different types of tea like peppermint tea or chamomile tea. These have carminative effect and helps in passing gas easily. They can be taken in the morning and provide relief within some time. Peppermint contains essential oil like menthol which has antispasmodic effect on the digestive system. Similarly one can also take chamomile tea which also soothes the stomach.
- Herbs: Herbs can also be taken effectively to ease out stomach tightness and pain. Different herbs like fennel, caraway, dill, cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg all are very effective in reducing fullness.
- You can also try taking some ginger. Ginger helps in digestion and thus reduces pain and tightness. It helps in bowel movement. Ginger prevents formation of excess gas and also helps in expelling it out.
- To avoid stomach bloating, one should do some physical activity. So do at least some form of exercise daily. It will definitely help one to reduce bloating.
- Potassium and other minerals though required in very less quantities by our body, they play a vital role in our digestion. So keep their level optimum. Take plenty of foods like spinach, nuts, bananas which contain these.
- Avoid oily and heavy food items. They are very high in fat content. Try taking light and homemade food.
- Do not eat excess sugar and salt. They cause water retention in the body. Avoid carbonated drinks and sweets too.
- One should eat foods that are probiotics. Probiotics are food items which possess good micro organisms which keep our intestinal tract healthy and improve digestion. So consume lots of fermented food and curd. They are high in probiotic content.