Botox is a popular injection given to patients for numerous reasons. The injection is a toxin of sorts that can cause temporary paralysis to the muscles so that skin becomes relaxed. This can help create a smoother, healthier looking appearance. The uses of Botox are bountiful and there are many alternative uses for the injection that many surgeons are taking advantage of.
1. Sculpting the face is probably the most common use for Botox. The injections will relax fine lines and wrinkles in the injected areas. This will create a more youthful and healthier appearance.
2. Excessive sweating is cured with Botox. This is actually one of the first matters that Botox was ever used to address.
3. Migraines and headaches can be relieved by injections.
4. Muscles spasms and twitching. Botox relaxes the muscles to refrain them from such actions.
5. Lower back pain can be lessened.
6. Cerebral Palsy and Multiple Sclerosis patients are often times given Botox to help relive muscles spasms and tension.
7. Bladder inconsistency can be lessened by having injections made directly into the bladder to help allow the bladder to relax and store more urine.
8. Hair rejuvenation can be stimulated after injections.
9. The injections can aid in the lifting of breasts. This is a temporary noninvasive method of lifting the breasts. Often used as alternative to surgery.
10. Gummy smiles can be corrected by injecting Botox into the upper lip. Allowing it to relax and lessen the amount of gum that’s visible.
Botox has many great alternatives uses. While not all of them are FDA approved, surgeons are constantly experimenting with the injection as it seems to be the cure or at least temporary fix to many cosmetic and medical situations.
What Are the Side Effects?
Botox has very little side effects. While normal irritation might occur, there isn’t anything too serious that a patient receiving Botox will have to concern themselves with.
Bruising and Swelling
Pain and Discomfort
The above side effects are rarely ever experienced. If any of the side effects persist, contact your surgeon immediately. However, most of the time these side effects are only experienced if the surgeon gave too much of the Botox injection. Cosmetic surgery clinics which have been practicing Botox methods and alternative uses will know how much Botox is necessary to achieve the results sought after.
If Botox is wanted for any reason other than to smooth the skin, freeing it of fine lines and wrinkles, consult with your surgeon. They will explain any before or aftercare precautions that might be necessary, as well as how the injections work and what they will do to achieve the results you are looking for.
Botox is a wonderful alternative to many invasive procedures. As time goes by, surgeons are finding more and more uses for Botox injections.
Allen Harper has been in the health industry since 1990. He has had splendid experiences working in the field of health. He specializes on fat injection treatment and other skin rejuvenation treatments. Born and brought up in Toronto city, Allen Harper completed his graduation in the same field at the university of Western Ontario. For more information, follow him on twitter.