Cardio workouts are very important not only for fitness fanatics, but also for a normal individual. Choosing the perfect cardio workout is vital. However, a common problem is that most people are only familiar with the steady-state and slow cardio training such as biking, walking, rowing, and jogging.
You must be aware that cardio workouts are divided into three categories. The most popular are the aerobic and anaerobic workouts. The third category is in between the other two, and involves a balance of said workouts.
At this point, you will need to choose the perfect routine to suit your needs. There is no such thing as one perfect workout that fits everyone. Certain people prefer home exercise videos. However, if you are able to determine your fitness goals, you can pick the right plan and succeed in your efforts to be healthy and physically fit.
Why Do Cardio Workouts?
Perhaps you are also wondering why you need to do cardio workouts. Most people are confused about the proper cardio workouts. According to experts, cardio workouts should be performed in moderate intensity at least five days every week for thirty minutes, and vigorous workouts for three days every week for twenty minutes. However, for those who want to lose weight, you will need to check with your doctor to ensure your safety.
You need cardio workouts for the following reasons: reduces stress and the risk of cancer or heart diseases, strengthens the lungs and heart, increases bone density, better sleep, more energy, more confidence, and weight loss.
If you are trying to lose weight, cardio exercises are great and you also get to enjoy added benefits.
How to Pick the Right Cardio Workout?
If you are looking for cardio workouts, it all depends on your needs. The steady-state and low intensity workouts are ideal for those who simply want to look good. It is ideal for those who are maintaining an ideal weight, and are not aiming to build speed or endurance. It can also be used by bodybuilders who are preparing for an upcoming competition.
In between workouts, you have to perform light cardio activity at least three to four times a week. Always keep in mind that the body also needs to rest, and during this time, the body is able to recover.
The high intensity cardio workouts are suited to athletes because they need power and strength. To see the progress, you still need adequate rest. Just in case you are into lifting, you have to decide on a day where you can do high intensity cardio workouts for conditioning.
There are people who want to prefer to combine high intensity and endurance training. Most athletes, like those playing hockey, soccer, and other sports usually follow this so called combo platter. If you want variety in your training regimen, this is the best solution.
The workout approach that you choose will always have potential drawbacks and advantages. Therefore, you have to choose a suitable workout regimen that meets your fitness needs. Your fitness objectives/goals and temperament are great factors when making the final decision. You have to assess your current exercise routine, and from there, you can make an informed choice.
If you are interested in cardio workouts, here are the top exercises that you can also perform:
1. Running is great because it doesn’t require any equipment. This exercise can increase the heart rate quickly and it helps in burning calories.
2. Skiing works on the upper and lower body which makes it a good cardio workout; be sure to purchase the needed gear, and practice often.
3. Elliptical trainers are great for those who prefer home workouts, by an elliptical trainer or you can use one at the local gym; you can adjust resistance to burn more calories.
4. Bicycling indoors and outdoors is a great cardio exercise. This is a good choice because you also ride the bike while going to work or when running errands within reasonable distance.
5. If you like the water, you should be involved in swimming. This is an example of a full body workout that doesn’t put you at risk of high-impact injuries.
6. Step aerobics are ideal for people who love choreographed workouts. This workout targets the hips, butt, and legs especially in high intensity cardio.
Now that you have an idea of some of the best cardio exercises, you can decide on the right ones to incorporate in your workout plan. Take your time in deciding on the most suitable exercises, and work your way to a healthier body.