Invisalign is an alternative to metal braces, which primarily helps straighten crooked teeth. A patient needs to wear a series of custom fit clear plastic aligners or trays aimed to shift the teeth into their correct position. Patients who are turned off by metal braces and who live in Victoria, Australia can go to Richmond Smiles Dental near Melbourne and get their Invisalign trays fitted.
Learn more about the benefits of Invisalign for your dental health and see if it’s something that you should consider.
- Subtle appearance. Invisalign aligners are made of clear plastic so these are not distracting. If you’re among those patients who want a substitute to metal braces and wires, Invisalign could be for you. Teenagers today opt for Invisalign trays over traditional braces because these are discreet. Teens also expect to be less susceptible to bullying because of their looks.
- Comfortable. Because these aligners are created from smooth plastic, you’re assured that these don’t have sharp edges like metal braces. On top of this, Invisalign provides more comfort than regular metal braces because these are customised to fit your mouth and teeth.
- Show off your smile. Invisalign is an effective solution to various dental problems including bite defects, gapped, protruding, overcrowded and crooked teeth. Knowing that your dental health is your priority, you can’t just hide that pretty smile.
- Better cleaning. Because these aligners are removable, Invisalign will let you brush and floss anytime you want. Afterwards, you can simply place them back in. You can also clean the aligner itself. To ensure that there’s no buildup of bacteria and food remnants, you can remove the aligner and rinse or brush it using your toothbrush.
- Time saving. Using Invisalign trays requires less maintenance and you can expect to spend less time at the dentist’s office compared to traditional metal braces. Expect to visit the clinic every six weeks for maintenance.
- Convenient and safe. Invisalign aligners or trays are especially helpful for active people or young kids because it allows the wearer to avoid scrapes associated with other orthodontic options. Because it can be easily removed, a patient can perform sports and daily functions more conveniently.
- More food choices. Another sacrifice that comes with teeth straightening includes food restrictions. With traditional orthodontic options, you may not be allowed to eat too sticky, chewy, or too hard foods. With Invisalign, however, you can enjoy any food you like on any occasion.
- Improve defective bite functions. Aside from correcting gapped, crooked, or crowded teeth, Invisalign can also provide better bite functions as the lower and upper jaws align properly. Bite problems that aren’t addressed immediately can result to more oral health issues such as tooth loss, cavities, gum infections, tooth enamel erosion and speaking or eating difficulties.
- Cost-effective. This kind of treatment is considered an advanced solution towards many dental problems. While it costs almost the same to get one done for you, Invisalign presents various advantages over conventional metal braces.
- Avoid gum diseases. Properly positioned teeth is the goal of Invisalign, which helps make the gums fit firmly around your teeth. Crowded or wide gaps in between teeth can make you prone to gum disease or periodontitis. This means that addressing the problem of teeth spacing can help prevent gum diseases.
- Achieve a healthier mouth. Straight teeth don’t only improve a person’s appearance but also pave the way towards a healthier mouth. Correcting your orthodontic problems can help solve other dental issues such as gingivitis, halitosis or bad breath, tooth chipping and sensitivity. Invisalign can provide an immediate solution as well as prevent other problems from surfacing such as tooth loss.
- Uses modern and non-invasive procedures. Before you can wear your first Invisalign aligner, expect to undergo a 3-D digital scanning, which is a painless procedure deemed more comfortable than a traditional way of obtaining teeth impression. This procedure is considered less intrusive than regular X-rays as it is conducted in an open environment.
- Boost self-confidence. Younger people can specifically benefit from Invisalign trays by enhancing their self-confidence. Teeth problems are among the reasons for teasing and harassment among teenagers, which affects their social interaction and mental health. Also, crooked or protruding teeth can make many teens feel undesirable. Kids who are observed to have a lack of self-confidence are more prone to become depressed or to negative peer influences.
Although there are many ways to straighten crooked teeth, Invisalign presents a clear option minus wires and braces. With this technology, you can eat, work and take part in social situations without pressing concerns of your looks. On top of giving a patient comfort, convenience, and cost-effectiveness, it’s a modern take on addressing various dental concerns to show off that healthy smile.