There are many different ‘super’ foods and diets that are advertised to help keep you looking younger and even support weight loss. When reviewing the diets, however, there are several which are more hype than success. Below are 10 of the most successful anti-aging foods to add to your diet to keep you feeling young.
We all know that our leafy green vegetables are loaded with vitamins and nutrients. Giving great supplies of your daily needs, these are also great for helping to keep your body feeling younger.
- Watercress is loaded with vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium, and Vitamins A, K, C, B1, and B2. These are great vitamins that pump up your immune system and are antioxidants.
- This food also boosts circulation, thus delivering all these key nutrients to your body.
- We all saw what happened to Popeye, it has similar effects for you!
- Spinach is packed full of Vitamin A, C, E and K along with magnesium, beta-carotene, and iron.
- Vitamin C helps with collagen production keeping your skin smooth and firm while Vitamin A keeps your hair healthy and strong.
Fruits are a key healthy food that can keep your body feeling young and working at its best. There are several that offer many health benefits in one and are a great addition to your diet!
- Blueberries have long been known as a superfood. They are packed full of antioxidants, vitamins A and C. They are low sugar and a great thing to add into your morning routine or as a snack.
- Blueberries also help to protect against damage to the skin from stress, sun, and pollution.
- Avocado is high in omega-3 just like fish, is a great anti-inflammatory, and is also great for promoting healthier skin.
- Containing Vitamins K, C, E, A, B, and potassium, it is great for helping your body repair and prevents further damage on your skin or from toxins.
- High in vitamin C and other antioxidants, the pomegranate, and the seeds have been used in traditional medicine.
- The fruit contains components called punicalagin that boost collagen production in the skin that can keep you looking younger.
- Papaya is full of antioxidants and vitamins to help improve your skin elasticity and firmness such as Vitamin A, C, K, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- The antioxidants help to keep your body healthy and can delay signs of aging like wrinkles. It is also an amazing natural anti-inflammatory.
- Tomatoes are high in lycopene which studies show is potent at fighting off cancer.
- The lycopene also helps to protect the skin from sun damage and keep your skin healthier longer.
Peanuts, macadamia, hazelnuts, pecans, Brazilian and more! All of these have great health benefits that can help you feel younger, be healthier and have amazing superfood effects on your body.
- Nearly every type of nut has a variety of great health benefits. They are packed full of protein, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs.
- Nuts are known for their ability to heal and strengthen your skin, boost your heart health, and have anti-inflammatory effects on the body.
- You either love it or hate it, but this vegetable is full of vitamins and antioxidants like Vitamin C, K, fiber, folate and calcium to give you a lot of benefits in one!
- Broccoli is high in vitamin C that boosts collagen production, helps with brain function and also is great for your bone health.
- An orange potato that is full of vitamin A, C, E, and beta-carotene.
- It works great for keeping your skin healthy and young-looking gives your immune system a leg up and is full of fiber.
Other Ways to Stay Young
By adding these to your diet, you have the potential to add years to your life. These superfoods are great additions to your diet to keep you feeling young and healthy. As well as adding these, you can also take these small steps to keep your body feeling young.
There are plenty of health benefits to water. It helps with nearly every organ in your body, keeps you hydrated and your body functioning at max capacity. Getting your eight glasses can also help with weight loss and giving you natural energy.
Getting 20 minutes a day of light exercise gives you health help to all parts of your body. Giving you better heart, lung, and brain health are just three of the many benefits you can reap from getting a little movement each day.
Changing your hair, makeup or getting a light tan are also ways that you can help yourself to look younger and feel great. These small non-invasive and daily things that you can use to keep yourself feeling great.
Among one of the hottest trends, injectable fillers are done injecting collagen-stimulating techniques to help your face and body jump start the collagen production, thus making you look and feel younger. These minimally invasive procedures are done in your doctor’s office, send you home, and then you’ll start to see results in a few days that last for months.
A Glass of Wine a Day
Drinking a glass of red wine a day has been recently found to have great health impacts. Helping to lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure and boost heart and brain health, wine is a great way to unwind and enjoy being healthier.
Adding these to your diet can help to give you an advantage and stay ahead of the aging curve. These superfoods are full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and are great to make you feel and look younger for as long as possible.