Shaving, plucking, waxing… There are plenty of ways to remove unwanted hair from your body. However, it can be difficult to know which type of hair removal is the best.
Waxing and laser removal are the two most effective ways of removing hair. But which one is the best? Below, we discuss the pros and cons of both so you can make an informed decision as to which is the best option for you.
Pros and cons of waxing
- Cheaper: for a single session, waxing is much cheaper than laser removal.
- Works for everyone: waxing has been proven to work for all hair types, all skin tones and all skin types.
- Can be done from the comfort of your own home: this is probably the biggest benefit of waxing. No matter where you live, you can wax from the comfort of your own home. This makes waxing incredibly convenient if you live an especially busy life.
- It hurts: if you have ever waxed before, you know that it hurts, a lot! Waxing can be incredibly painful in the areas that most people want waxing, such as the underarms and the bikini line.
- Can cause ingrown hair: waxing does not destroy the root of the hair, so they will grow back. Sometimes they can become ingrown, they can become incredibly painful to live with, and may get infected. If you want smooth skin at all times, waxing is not the best option.
- Expensive in the long-run: if you get waxed regularly, for years, it can end up costing a lot of money.
Pros and cons of laser hair removal
- Has long-lasting results: brazilian laser hair removal is the best method if you are looking for long-term, lasting results. Some people see results that last a lifetime, while others see results lasting months or even years.
- Laser hair removal is safe: it also does no damage to your skin. Even people with sensitive skin can use this style of treatment, as it is done by licensed and certified laser technicians.
- Will work on any part of the body: if you wax at home, it is impossible to be able to wax every part of your body thoroughly. Laser treatment works to remove all hairs from any part of the body.
- Much less painful than waxing.
- Expensive: compared to a single waxing session, laser treatment is much more expensive. However, over time, it can actually be more cost effective.
- Will take longer if you have dark skin or light hair: laser hair removal is less effective if you have dark skin or light hair, so make sure you consult a certified laser technician beforehand.
Although the type of hair removal you choose is completely up to your own preference, laser hair removal is the most effective hair removal option, and results can last a lifetime.