Obesity has been linked to several health diseases like diabetes, cancer, heart diseases and arthritis. It can also shorten your lifespan by 10 years. So, in a way we are jeopardizing the quality and length of our lives by being overweight. If you are determined to lose weight quickly, then here are some techniques that you can adopt to reach your goal.
10 Effective Tips to Quickly Lose Weight
1. Don’t try to lose weight through crash dieting or heavy exercises, as your body slowly adapts to changes in terms of food and exercise. So, if you have never worked out in your life, never rush into running miles or pounding the treadmill as there are relatively high chances of getting injured in the process.
Similarly, do not starve yourself to get into a leaner shape. Diets that severely restrict calorie intake can make your body deficient in nutrients and vitamins that are very important for metabolic activities.
2. Any workout that increases your heart rate will help in burning extra calories. Spinning, cardio, kickboxing and boot camp will help you to shed extra kilos. You can lose a minimum of 200 to 300 calories by performing these exercises. It will not only tone your arms, legs, and torso, but also your belly.
Cardio burns most of the calories but you need to follow it up with strength training for more effective results. Doing 5 squats, pushups and lunges will help to maintain and build muscle-mass. Building more muscles will lead to a higher metabolism which in turn will help to lose extra calories. Indulge in sports and activities like badminton, aerobics, running, walking, swimming and cycling to improve your fitness levels.
3. A healthy diet is the key to lose weight easily and safely. Consume foods that are low in carbohydrates and limit your rice and fat consumption. Poultry and fish are naturally low in fat. Fish and sea foods are excellent sources of antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids which are extremely beneficial for your health. They add taste to your platter without piling on those extra pounds.
You can also replace meat with vegetarian substitutes like tofu, beans and lentils. Add a few drops of lemon juice to warm water and drink it daily on an empty stomach. This is highly effective for quickly losing weight. Soluble fibres are great for losing weight. They also reduce bad cholesterol in the body to keep you healthy.
4. 30 minutes of daily walking is enough to prevent weight gain. You can easily lose 300 calories a day with 3 miles of brisk walking which could help you to lose 30 pounds in a year without changing your eating habits. Take the steps instead of elevators to stay fit and healthy.
5. A breakfast rich in carbohydrates and protein will keep your blood sugar levels steady and control irregular hunger pangs. Take a fruit at the time of breakfast as fruits don’t contain any fats and they have high water content. Moreover, they contain a high amount of fiber and good carbohydrates which will keep your stomach full for a longer period of time.
6. Drink load and loads of water as it has zero calories and carbohydrates, making it a perfect slim down drink. It also helps to flush out toxins and excess water from your body to speed up the metabolic rate. Increasing water intake can also help the body to efficiently use nutrients to keep you energized and attain maximum benefits from your exercise routine. Water also keeps you stay full for a longer period of time, thus controlling your urge for eating more. Avoid alcohol as they contain empty calories with no nutrients which can build up fat in your body.
7. You need to reduce your calorie intake in order to lose weight quickly. If you are overweight and still continue to eat confectionary products like sweets, cakes and junk foods, then it will be nearly impossible for you to lose weight. If you find hard to control your sweet cravings then limit these foods to small quantities.
Eating 300 to 500 calories daily will lead to a loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week. Cut down fatty foods and eat more of whole grain foods, fruits and vegetables. Replace those fizzy drinks with water or lemon water, and swap your whole milk with skimmed milk. Avoid the habit of taking sugar in tea and coffee.
8. Have smaller portions of foods that you enjoy eating. Even if you choose the right food but tend to overeat, then your diet plan is sure to crash. Dieters often tend to over-eat organic foods and foods that are perceived to be healthy. But it only ends up making you fatter. Thus, portion control is an essential tip for effective weight loss.
Another way of cutting down the portion size is by eating in plates of smaller sizes. Instead of eating in your regular dinner plates which are mainly 10 to 12 inches wide, serve your main course in salad plates which are 7 to 9 inches wide. This will ensure that you eat food in a limited quantity. Do not watch television or surf the net while eating as there are very high chances of consuming 40% more than you should normally eat.
9. Various studies have revealed that people who chew slowly consume 70% less calories per meal. Eating and chewing food slowly and properly give ample time to the appetite-related hormones to get activated. It will also control the amount of food you consume.
10. And lastly, be patient. It might take more than a week and sometimes even a month to show some results.
So, do not give up thinking that it is not showing any result. Keep your motivation levels high to get positive benefits.