Everyone wants their pearly whites to look great, but when it comes to crooked smiles, unsightly crowding or gaps, many people feel unsure about seeking treatment – and the main reason why is that they fear traditional orthodontic work, and metal braces, in particular.
Enter Invisalign, the virtually invisible aligner trays that will change the way you feel about straightening your smile.
Here’s everything you need to know – including where to get Invisalign in Calgary!
First Things First: What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is made from a unique, BPA-free blend of plastic, and uses a series of removable, custom-made, clear aligner trays to put pressure on your teeth. They’re replaced every two weeks, and they gradually move the teeth into the correct position.
There are no wires or brackets here; Invisalign is a nearly undetectable way to straighten your smile, and, as far as clear-aligner systems go, it’s the most advanced one yet!
Is Invisalign Orthodontic Treatment The Right Option For You?
How will you know if Invisalign is the right orthodontic treatment for you?
Asking yourself these three simple questions could be a good starting point.
Ultimately, though, a conversation with your Calgary orthodontist is in order.
What Are You Trying To Fix?
Depending on the severity, Invisalign can be used to treat numerous dental conditions, including:
- Straightening your crooked smile with Invisalign is an option – and an excellent one, for that matter.
- Gaps, whether they occur between two or more teeth, are a dental issue that Invisalign can fix in most non-severe cases.
- Crowding is another spacing issue that occurs when the jaw is not roomy enough to accommodate the teeth, causing them to overlap and twist. If your case isn’t overly complicated, Invisalign can take care of it, too.
- Overbite, a dental issue where the upper teeth overlap the bottom teeth excessively, can, in some cases, be treated with Invisalign.
- Underbite means that the bottom teeth sit in front of the upper teeth, but with Invisalign, they can be moved back, for a more natural bite.
- Crossbite occurs when some, not all, upper teeth bite inside, rather than outside bottom teeth, and Invisalign can help treat it by positioning the teeth correctly.
How Responsible Are You?
Be honest with yourself – and your orthodontist.
Invisalign sounds like a simple enough solution for a variety of dental issues, but you need to remember that it takes dedication and self-discipline – if you fail to be consistent, you won’t see any significant improvement.
You have to be ready to wear Invisalign for 22 hours every single day throughout your treatment, without excuse – and forgetting about it is not an option.
How Old Are You?
Teenagers and adults make the perfect candidates for Invisalign – and they often prefer this type of treatment over traditional braces due to the nearly-invisible design.
Young children, on the other hand, have teeth that are still growing, which makes this type of treatment unsuitable in most cases. Plus, there’s no way a seven-year-old would be responsible enough about using the aligner trays according to instructions.
Final Thoughts & Recommendations
So, based on the info provided in this article, are you ready to give this orthodontic treatment a try?
If you’re uncertain whether this is the best orthodontic treatment for you, your next step should be booking a free consultation with a Family Braces orthodontist if you want to get Invisalign near me.